• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

HELP! What was your defining moment?

TulipIceCream

TulipIceCream

What made you decide that you are giving up the drink or meth or what not? What was it? The first step, what was it? :panic:We are those that regret and want a path towards redemption!

SunnyDaze

SunnyDaze

I don't want to say what drug I was using but I gave it up when my son was a baby.i dropped him and caught him before he landed on the floor.

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I gave up smoking cannabis over three years ago after smoking it for just over twenty years when I found out it was making my psychosis much worse although I didn't know then exactly how it powered up the voice that I hear.

I later found out that it let my voice take full control over my body which is one of the reasons I believe he's real and a physical part of me, his electrical signals could override mine when neurotransmitters were incredibly high due to using cannabis.

I was trying to build a bridge with him and one night at a friends house he asked me to have a drag on my friends joint and that one drag instantly gave him control over my facial features, and a huge grin came over my face, I raced home and retreated to my bedroom where he showed me he had control over my whole body, he had me laid in bed singing a song he had made up and intermittently got up to roll a cigarette and smoke it then got back into bed to continue his song that he was making me sing.

Although nothing he did was dangerous he could have done anything to me or my loved ones and I was more terrified about that than anything in my entire life, from just that one drag he had control over me for around five hours.

Needless to say I'll never touch cannabis or any other drug again.

I'm not the only one that has reported that voices can take control of the body.

Now I take medication that lowers neurotransmitters like Dopamine and Serotonin so he can never take over ever again.

Hello513

Hello513

I got into nursing school realized I couldn't pass as an alchoholic

It was tough, but I actually don't feel like crap all the time anymore.

JD4010

JD4010

I almost killed myself drinking. I was barely functional. The last hangover was so horrific and it lasted many days. I had to make the decision to go on living or give up and die.

LadyDomino

LadyDomino

My husband threatened me with divorce if I didn't go into rehab. I had failed at so much I didn't want to fail at marriage as well.