HELP! Too many issues and I don't know how to deal

Jlynn773

Jlynn773

My dad lost his job today. My aunt is dealing with marriage troubles. My aunt wants me to go back to Michigan with her, so she can have someone there for her. But I can't leave because things are not okay here. My dad lost his job again, now we only have one income. I just don't know what to do. I'm trapped between both families. My aunt is struggling there and my father is struggling here, and I can't be in two places at once. On top of that, I lost a good friend of mine. He got a girlfriend and now he won't talk to me because his girl gets jealous. I'm having a lot of issues. And I don't know what to do. I don't how to process everything that's happening. Too many people I love are suffering and I can't deal. I just don't know where to be or what to do. My anxiety is through the roof, and I'm self harming again. I need to know how I can handle these things.

R

RandomPerson

My dad lost his job today. My aunt is dealing with marriage troubles. My aunt wants me to go back to Michigan with her, so she can have someone there for her. But I can't leave because things are not okay here. My dad lost his job again, now we only have one income. I just don't know what to do. I'm trapped between both families. My aunt is struggling there and my father is struggling here, and I can't be in two places at once. On top of that, I lost a good friend of mine. He got a girlfriend and now he won't talk to me because his girl gets jealous. I'm having a lot of issues. And I don't know what to do. I don't how to process everything that's happening. Too many people I love are suffering and I can't deal. I just don't know where to be or what to do. My anxiety is through the roof, and I'm self harming again. I need to know how I can handle these things.
You gotta have faith in your dad that he'll get another job and your aunt's marriage is out of your control. It's not your job to be there for everyone and they probably don't expect that from you. As far as your friend, if he chooses to not be around you and lets his new girlfriend manipulate him against you then he's the one with the the problem and not you. Just don't worry about these things so much. Your friend will come to his senses and get in touch with you again.

If you get too stressed spend time thinking about what you can do to enjoy your time instead of focusing on all the negative things around you. Hobbies, art, exercising, and lots of other things relieve stress.

amathus

amathus

Hi, I can understand your sentiments about helping your family. You do however, need to think about yourself too, particularly now you are self harming again and your anxiety levels are so high.
Perhaps support might help you through this, is there anybody that you could share your thoughts with, maybe your doctor? Have you browsed through our Self Harm section?