• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help sleeping?

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Hi new guy :redface:

About half 10 tuesday morning now, not slept since saturday night.

I not self medicating ( ex serious drug user ) and not been to docs yet although i have accepted i need to before i totally loose it which i feel i am.

My question is can someone give a helpfull sugestion that doesn't involve going out to get something?

I should be at least feeling tired but i just feel a mess

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Heres the stock list you'll get from the doctors, though none of them worked for me!!
Don't watch telly in bed
Milky drink before bedtime
Lavender on your pillow
A relaxing bath
Valerium (herbal sleeping aid)
Blackout blinds

Sorry its all very innocuous and you've probably tries most of these but this is what I got told and I'm still not sleeping!! Nightol works for me sometimes but if I'm in a state of high anxiety then theres just no chance!! I'd get to the doctors though to see what they say as there is probably (you didn't say) some underlying cause for your sleeplessness and sleep deprivation is hell!!

Last edited:
Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Oh yeah theres a problem alright :p
I gona go to docs just need to build confidence to actually go and i have to book appointments at the docs carn't just turn up so it wont be straight away.

Thanx for answers though mate but you guessed right, i already tried them.

I've starting yawning a bit now which is promising i just need to try and slow my head down a bit now and i should get some sleep, blooming hope so anyway :unsure:

Thanx

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Just read your other post - its no bloody wonder your having problems sleeping!! I think it would be a good idea to take a print of your post in to the docs - if you're anything like me I always get in there and my mind goes completely blank!! I hope you get the help that you obviously need and writing stuff on here is a positive step to understanding your self better. Take care:hug:

Onlymebud

Onlymebud

Thanx mate :)
:sleep: Finnally had some sleep managed to get about 5 hours earlier thank god lol.
I feel pretty ok for now and everyone here has helped me see what i need to do.
I think coming here in the first place was a massive wake up call :p

I would of never dreamed of telling people the things i've told people on here already :D

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
You're doing great! Keep it up, and keep posting. (y)

xxx

P

Prasada

London, south Wales, Bristol, Oxford, East Anglia
If you can’t relax and switch off all the random thoughts swirling round in your head, try listening to music on headphones. Because your mind is concentrating on the music, it can distract it from extraneous thoughts. This sometimes works for me. I know exactly when I fell asleep because I remember the last song lyrics I heard while conscious.

A

Angie Clinton

If you can’t relax and switch off all the random thoughts swirling round in your head, try listening to music on headphones. Because your mind is concentrating on the music, it can distract it from extraneous thoughts. This sometimes works for me. I know exactly when I fell asleep because I remember the last song lyrics I heard while conscious.
I totally agree with you.