• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help request just for meeting the day

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I want to get up and find or make peace and enjoyment for myself. I feel afraid and overwhelmed. People are already calling me and asking questions and I feel so confused. I am frozen and can't even answer simple well intentioned text. I need to get up. It's almost 10 and I have somewhere to be at 12. I don't want to keep stumbling through my days. I don't want to stumble through today. I want to be present without overwhelming pain and fear and irritability . I want to be honestly happy in moments with my son and husband. Want to be present for them and me. Everything feels so difficult. I am visiting my mom later with family. I am having trouble focusing and calming down inside.I feel afraid and sad and tired. What is one thing I can do to relax and just honestly live peaceful today?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I always focus on the basics when i am not coping well. I wash, eat well, tidy up a little, cup of tea, and rest. Lots of water and maybe a gentle walk. Then bath before bed, maybe read in bed. Quiet and peaceful.

Anything that you enjoy doing, hobbies, swimming, they are good to do at times like this. Pets are a big help too.

Moonlight_Day

Moonlight_Day

I agree with Tawny.. anything you enjoy doing to take your mind off things. Try something new too, maybe drawing or painting if you like art, or poetry, writing, crafts, anything relaxing. Even a jigsaw puzzle can be fun and take your mind off stuff :hug:

tomar

tomar

i spend LOTS of time with my dogs.........very good therapy. :)

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

I'm sorry to read that you are feeling this way. How about using mindfulness meditation? to bring yourself to the present.

T

Trixie416

I want to get up and find or make peace and enjoyment for myself. I feel afraid and overwhelmed. People are already calling me and asking questions and I feel so confused. I am frozen and can't even answer simple well intentioned text. I need to get up. It's almost 10 and I have somewhere to be at 12. I don't want to keep stumbling through my days. I don't want to stumble through today. I want to be present without overwhelming pain and fear and irritability . I want to be honestly happy in moments with my son and husband. Want to be present for them and me. Everything feels so difficult. I am visiting my mom later with family. I am having trouble focusing and calming down inside.I feel afraid and sad and tired. What is one thing I can do to relax and just honestly live peaceful today?
Music?
Gospel?
Just breathe…. I pray I’m not impinging on your spiritual beliefs but God wants your worries. Release them to Him.
He wants you to feel peace, calm.🙏🏼

T

Trixie416

☮💟✝

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I always focus on the basics when i am not coping well. I wash, eat well, tidy up a little, cup of tea, and rest. Lots of water and maybe a gentle walk. Then bath before bed, maybe read in bed. Quiet and peaceful.

Anything that you enjoy doing, hobbies, swimming, they are good to do at times like this. Pets are a big help too.
By night I don't want to do anything that takes effort, but take evening showers to help "wash away the day" and relax. I do take bath in the morning, weird way of escaping before starting but it helps me.

Pets have always helped me the most. I have had pets since I was a teenager. I've always loved animals, especially dogs and cats. Dogs are my heart. I fostered dogs for a few years and helped place dogs and a few cats in homes. My former pets lived 13-18 years. When my husband and I got married, we had 3 dogs and a cat. They had full lives.

Our little dog is 4. Last Friday was my last day of work for a few weeks. I was looking forward to lots of long walks and cuddle time with him. On Monday with no warning, he could not walk.
The last two vacations, my mom fell ill. There was no break.

If I could trust the positive, I might feel more grateful that I had more time to care for her. Just like with my little dog. I have time to just be with him. One thing has been dropped off my load and even though this is happening, I don't have work to deal with. Plus my husband was home on Monday. If this had happened when he wasn't home, it would have been worse.

Instead of a walk, we took him out in a stroller during our walk. He seemed to enjoy it.

Am trying. Feeling okay shouldn't take so much effort, but since it does, the effort is worth it.

Thank you 💗

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

I agree with Tawny.. anything you enjoy doing to take your mind off things. Try something new too, maybe drawing or painting if you like art, or poetry, writing, crafts, anything relaxing. Even a jigsaw puzzle can be fun and take your mind off stuff :hug:
I want to go ziplining. Haven't done that yet.

I use to draw and write a lot more. Both are relaxing. Plan to do more of both.

Thank you 💗

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Life throws up so many challenges doesn't it. I agree it should not take so much effort to be just ok. There are harder times and then easier times though aren't there?

I'm glad your husband was with you too and a break from work.

Depression can make people feel really tired in the mornings, hard to get yourself going, so i try to organise everything the night before such as what i am going to eat the next day, get the washing up done and everything like that.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Ziplining that sounds great fun

You're welcome

Maybe write a list of things you would like to do, to remind you. Maybe put it on the kitchen cupboard :)

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I love outdoor swimming. Not much of it here unlike where you are :)

Signofthetimes

Signofthetimes

Ziplining that sounds great fun

You're welcome

Maybe write a list of things you would like to do, to remind you. Maybe put it on the kitchen cupboard :)
That's a great idea. Thank you 🤗