• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help Re: Research Ancient Remedy & Treatment

C

calfellows

Hello,

How would one begin researching ancient remedy & treatment? Can anyone provide some good pointers, search topics/keywords/phrases for such research? Books or publications? What are the earliest known organic mood stabilizers, tranquilizers, relaxants, and such? Well, just something that keeps crossing my mind.

Cal

C

calfellows

Hi Parker,
Wiki says that garlic's anti-parasitic and antibiotic properties is the likely reason why it gained popularity in exorcism/banishment rituals.
I'm having a fit with hypertension/restlessness/anxiety lately, dyskinesia/akathisia, extrapyramidal, tourette's, whatever.
Cal

R

rabina

Hello,

How would one begin researching ancient remedy & treatment? Can anyone provide some good pointers, search topics/keywords/phrases for such research? Books or publications? What are the earliest known organic mood stabilizers, tranquilizers, relaxants, and such? Well, just something that keeps crossing my mind.

Cal

Hi Cal, Parker,

I don't know of any ancient remedies, but everything derives from something so....

I know the cholesterol "statins" seem to have a calming effect on many.
Also, extra strengths tylenol and excedrin may produce the same calming effects.

I'd research "main ingredients" or common ingredients in the above as well as the main ingredients in todays tranquilizers, muscle relaxers, anti-convulsants, etc.

St. Johns Wart (Wort), L-tryptophan may be worth a try.

Just a thought. Suffering from exhaustion myself.

Take Care and good searching,
rabina

R

rabina

Hi Parker,

I don't recommend using these; I only suggest them for researching purposes.

rabina

R

rabina

Hello,

Cal
Hey Cal,

I haven't clicked on all your links, but way back then plants, flowers, trees, fruits, vegetables and oils as well as the intestines and carcass extracted from animals or fish were heavily depended upon for almost everything.

rabina

T

terri

Hi Cač

Long time no see.

Im not having a go I promise, but just to say that I have a mate who I no longer see because she rather blanked me the last time I saw her because of all this ridiculousness about so called mental illness, even though I know she is as nutty as a fruitcake because you would never guess what she did. She took a book out at the local library on out of body projection without any knowledge or experience of what this entails and she woke up with a an awful sleep paralysis and she said that she was being raped by no one who was there anbd that she could not move whatsoever. Not only that she had been taking chinese herbs which were being prescribed for migraines and the fact she could not sleep and she got them from a cosha shop of chinese medicines in our local town (the shop has now closed down by the way) and the stupid woman ended up in hopsital, at deaths door, bright yellow, with lots of damage to her liver, she took six months plus to recover, and I visited her took her flowers and a card, and now because of Dohn and the computer system at our local hospital which includes medical records from the mental hospital as well, she had a gander at what the mental health team had put and now this blithering woman does not want to know me because that stupid psychiatrist put all those years ago those letters schizophrenia.

I dont go fighting battles any longer.. I am rather sick to death of the whole sorry business and of people who I know and who I care about and who I FIND DIFFICULT TO LOVE THESE DAYS becasue they are so selfish and will not see anything from my point of view and are too concerned about themselves to even give me a tad of thought because it might involve a little bit of their own personal time so thats not all I am rather stuck these days with no transport so how the hell can I get myself a car out here or even a little motor scooter so that I can yip around the countryside and go shopping cos the hire care is rather expensive and you know what you cant register a vehicle here in not slovenly not for nothing because they are still the old communist szstem and if you do not have either temporary or full residency you cannot stop here for over 3 months in any one year and while i am not saving anysthing I find it rather disgusting that I british guy i have recently met got caught drunk driving and he put a slovak woman in hospital and he got off with the aid of his friend who was as bent as a tow bob watch and he got done for drink driving in the old uk and his mate got him off there as well and the police in england were absolutely bollocked by it and got very angry and could do nothing whatsoever and you know what he is still drinking and driving..... not an alcoholic there then.... he thinks its funny....< whose he gonna kill then....... guess I am not a nut case after all.......... not that I ever was one in the first place. Do I go back to work or what? Do I live in not slovakia not for nothing? Do I go home and face not the mental health team not for increasing my stess levels then??? ha ha lots of sarcasm. do I have the op or do I have my boob lopped off cos there is something definitely not right there? Do I do what everyone else there and ignore all the rules and just by myself a car with not a lot of poops poops, if you know whwt I mean, do I rip every not slovakian not for nothing and think nothing of it? Do I shout my head off and swear like trooper and cause major mebarrassment? Loads and loads of sarcasm.. When they gonna get it through their thick skulls I have not nothing wrong other than a tadge of stress from rather a lot of not nice people ......... now then doctors, I am sure you must peep into this forum every now and then...... Are you gonna get the stuff off my back and stop me from committing hari kari or going ballistic or what so that I can get on with my life with my rather wonderous voices or are you going to bury your head in the sand li9ke a whole loads of the rest of society.... watch this place..... No response, I am sure.......... Just alone again as per normal

terri

T

terri

Video Clip from: Garlic Is As Good As Ten Mothers (1980)
Quote: "garlic intoxification makes you feel well grounded"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Kptp6u4JQ
Couldnt agree more Cal. I love garlic. Sorry about sounding off so much in my other posts docs, I do know there is nothing you can do to help this poor sod.

We've all most certainly got our cross to bear, as you said Rabina.

Off to the local bar from not a beer but a rather cold coke and Id have some cake or something to eat but the local bars dont even sell crisps. How sad is that then? Talk about being rather behind the times....

Oh,, just had a thought, I'll go to the local hotel restaurant instead and see what sort of prejudice I meet there......... a woman on her own......... watch this space.

ta ta

terri xxxxx