• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help plz!

I

Ihavecoffee

Hello I've been feeling bad for the past 8 years but I still have not reached any sort of clarity about my situation.

Normally I feel anxious and incredibly restless, I feel like I HAVE to do something and i connect this feeling to various things like doing homework or cleaning up my house but also thing that i would normally enjoy like playing computer games or instruments. The feeling is something like "I HAVE to do this", "I have to do it fast", "I'm almost there" and/or "It has to be great". The feeling is something like a mix of panic, anxiety and exhilaration and when I'm caught up in it I have a hard time telling if its a good or a bad feeling.

When I manage to break free of this feeling(usually by meditating, listening to music, smoking or just trying not to think), I feel empty and a bit sad but overall more stable and clearheaded.

When I'm in "calm mode" and try to do something about the sadness and emptiness it usually kick starts my anxiety again and the circle repeats.

Other things that kick starts my anxiety include obligations, people and just thinking.

Does anyone recognize themselves in this or anyone else who sees a pattern I do not because I've been trying to figure this out for 8 years and have not made any significant progress.

My most recent theory dictates that my anxiety come from me trying to avoid aspects of myself that I subconsciously will not allow, such as feeling sad and weak and not being the best at something.

Give me your two cents plz.

S

sunshine76

sounds to me hun that you have OCD as well as GAD. The OCD is the part that makes me have to do things faster, better or just makes me lock on to a particular activity. My anxiety is crippling though - the OCD I can live with. OCD is difficult to diagnose and treat - but recognising you have it is a good step - I had no idea what it was for years xx

S

SIB8991

hiya hun, Id agree, it does sound like OCD. Youve done so well in recognising that you have a problem, its so often the hardest step. Might be worth talking to your GP? I know that talking about this type of thing is hard, but tackling a problem alone is often more diffiuclt than asking for the help.
hope your okay sweet. Try to talk to someone and take the first brave steps
S x