• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help please!!!

L

leah014

hi im kind of new to this whole forum thing but i really need help. im 18 and a freshman at college and im starting to develop anxiety attacks. About two years ago my best friend died and i have been facing major depression ever since. Eventhough i feel i have gotten over her death, the depression still continues. I have seen a therapist and have felt that it didnt work. Most times i like to be by myself, i have gone to the extreme of locking my door and pretending I am not there so no one will bother me. My depression comes in waves sometimes is really bad and other times its just mild. But as far the anxiety i get really anxious doing normal things. For example i live on campus and go home on weekends, but when i'm home i get real anxious when i think i have to go back to school. My heart starts to race, i get jumpy, and began to feel that I am traped. Some times my anxiety can cause me to verbally lash out on others around me. I want to know what can i do to fix this and if this serious to the point where i would need to seek medical help. if anyone has any answers it would be greatly appreciated.

J

Just-ME

:welcome:i think an option would be to see your doctor about how you've been feeling.

i myself have depression and suffer from anxiety, i've experienced anxiety attacks and it is really scary.

why do you think therapy did not work, was is because you did not feel comfortable with the therapist. it might be an idea to get another therapist if you felt the old one wasn't any help if that is still an option you would consider. sorry for the loss of your best friend, i can imagine that it must be very difficult time. have you had grief councilling, that may be helpful.

L

leah014

Thanks for the response it was helpful :) . I think i will go to my doctor because the anxiety attacks are getting worst and any little thing can trigger them. I felt comfortable with the therapist, but i just felt like we were talking about my problems and there was no solution for them. Im currently moving back home and commuting to campus so my parents can help me with the issues im having.