• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help Please

N

nommers

Hi everyone I hope this post is in the correct forum part. I have recently had a breakdown and many people have suggested I have Bipolar Disorder, I have been to the doctor quite often over the last few years, and always been told im depressed.

Yesterday however the doctor gave me my anti depressants and mentioned that he wouldnt want to put me on Lithium just yet? Im all confussed as reading about the illness makes me feel at ease as its a way forward for me not to be in limbo so to speak....

I really dont know if I am or not and I really dont know what Im doing here to be honest Im just tired of feeling alone and none of my loved ones know what to say or do.

Thanks for listening

F

FEDup1981

Perhaps you should request to see a psychiatrist rather than just ur GP for a full assessment. xxx

N

nommers

Hi and thanks for the reply at this moment I feel I should ask but also at the same time I feel stupid as I dont know.

Oh Im confussed lol

C

Cameron Vale

Hi

I agree with the first reply, you should ask your GP to referr you to a Psychiatrist in order that they can evaluate you. Lithium is a drug that needs to be checked by a hospital, to see whether the levels of Lithium in your blood stream are correct. This Procedure must be carried out every three weeks, and of course there are other drugs that can be used to stabalise your condition.

Good Luck
Cameron