• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help please

R

robbie

Founding Member
Sorry to be a pain again. Im just trying to understand why i make myself a total doormat for everyone, not having any life at all of my own. I cant understand why i behave like this. I hate myself for it. Sorry.

jackskellington

jackskellington

Founding Member
Don't apologise mate, you're not a pain! That's why we're all here, to talk and help where we can :)

I often find that I am far too reliant on other people and it's something that really winds me up about myself, then sometimes I can go for a week or more and hardly see anyone...
I know that probably doesn't help an awful lot though ;)

Jack

R

robbie

Founding Member
Thankyou for replying. I think again its lack of confidence. I want to please because then i hope people will accept me but sometimes if you are too eager to please some people take huge advantage of you and actually dislike you, can treat you very badly.Oh dear. I hope you are well tonight? Best wishes.

jackskellington

jackskellington

Founding Member
I know exactly what you mean... I have a few very close friends, and my family of course, who would never ever take advantage of me, but there have been many others in the past who, even at the time deep down I knew weren't true friends and have walked all over me... I'm at the stage now where I know who I can trust and who I can't... I have really cut the people out of my life who were arseholes and have now ended up with a really wonderful bunch of people in my life who will stay by my side through anything. and they know who they are :)
I'm not too bad tonight thanks Robbie, as far as things go, but am gutted that I'm at work until 7am :LOL:
How are you? x

Jack

D

Dollit

Robbie this is a forum for people to talk to one another and help each other along the way so why would asking for help make you a pain? You're okay you know :hug:

jackskellington

jackskellington

Founding Member
Well said :)
you're certainly not a pain Robbie :hug:

Jack

R

robbie

Founding Member
Thankyou

One of the things some people used to say to me. Now im careful about saying anything to anyone, even my husband. Now want i want is the freedom just to be human again and not feel iv got to hide away and that i actually do have a life of a sort. My husband is so clever and talented at most things i dont feel so good a lot of the time!Ah well, have a nice day, it is very sunny here today, hurray!

D

Dollit

Robbie if your husband is clever and talented don't you realise how special that makes you because he chooses to be with you? If he's that great why would he choose to be with someone ordinary? :hug:

R

robbie

Founding Member
Thankyou Dollitt for that. I owe you one, i owe you lots.He isnt the easiest to live with, are any of us.He chose me for my spirit, that i seem able to overcome anything, so far, no matter all the words and terrible deeds done by others if they can get away with it they will.Im very battered but still fighting and believing that people matter. I always had a strong belief in treating people with dignity, lost the plot a few times but still hold the same beliefs. My ancestor was a Swiss Pastor from Lausanne, maybe i inherited this from him. I have always loved children, especially. Have a good day if you all can xx