• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help please.

R

robbie

Founding Member
Hello,im Robbie. A few years ago my ex whispered to me on the phone that i wont ever get anything i want. I have remarried but this warning or whatever has stuck in my mind and it seems this is the life i am living, it is coming true. Does anyone at all have any idea how i can get these words out of my head? Best wishes.x

D

Dollit

If you feel insecure or worried about something and someone tells you something like this it sticks in your head really easily. Write a couple of lists of things that you've wanted since that time, things that have happened and things that haven't. On the things that haven't happened you'll see that there was always a good reason why stuff didn't happen and that it was nothing to do with your ex and what was said. On the things that have happened, they happened in spite of what your ex said. We never get all that we want, that's the nature of life, but whispered threats by bitter exes don't have anything to do with it. :hug:

R

robbie

Founding Member
Help

Thankyou so much for replying. This person made sure he got the children and i almost died because of him. I was more terrified of his quiet words than his temper, completely terrified, im a very naive sort of person.The person i am married too now is gentle kind and hugely academic, much more than me. Im just so lost although my special needs son lives with us now. I just dont know what to do or which way to go,looking after my son for the next few years, i have no life otherwise but i could try couldnt i and i will. The nightmares are not so bad now, intense but not so often, yippee! Bless you for replying xx

D

Dollit

Robbie - you keep on trying, you keep on posting and we'll keep on giving you support - deal? :)

R

robbie

Founding Member
Help

Okay. deal. Maybe i can help you someday. Im a bit low because i also have flu, which doesnt help.From Robbie

R

robbie

Founding Member
Help

Dollitt. what is that a picture of , just under your name? Im here, for what its worth anyway. I ll feel better when the flu has gone. How do you feel tonight?

D

Dollit

It's my sister's tiny little tabby cat in her little house. She sleeps in there on a night! She's very beautiful and will sit on your knee all day but if you try to stroke her she bites!

I'm okay Robbie. I've had a few pot shots thrown at me over the past few days but then I realised they only do it because I'm a strong person with something worth having. That just makes me stronger. One of my closest friends told me wonderful things yesterday (about me and I said some wonderful things back to him) and I just feel absolutely bathed in love. I am well at the moment and I feel valued by most people in my life and I think I'm lucky.

I was ill for 6 years and the last depressive episode within that time lasted 14 months so I think I've earned a little wellness!

Keep coming back Robbie, this forum is a magic place. :hug:

R

robbie

Founding Member
Help

Good to hear you are well.I hope people will understand i just lack confidence. I had 5 children but horrible, horrible marriages -2- where horrible things were said to me. If i could just get all those words out of my head i could feel a lot better. My 3rd husband is lovely, marrying very late in life but he is very bright and it doesnt do a lot for my shattered self. I will get there though. Nite nite to you and the beautiful puss.

Rorschach

Rorschach

Founding Member
Hi Robbie, spoke in other threads but welcome :welcome:

R

robbie

Founding Member
Welcome

Hello and thankyou. Could you tell me what a super moderator is please?

D

Dollit

A super moderator is someone who helps to look after the forum. We keep an eye on all the threads and make alterations to them or delete them if it's the best thing to do and generally try to make sure the forum is the best it can be. And we answer questions and try to point people in the right direction. But we are just people with health problems the same as any other member of the forum. :)

R

robbie

Founding Member
welcome

Thankyou for explaining. I hope evryone is feeling well today, the weather here is not bad at all. I understand Wales is well known for rain !From Robbie

midnight

midnight

Founding Member
hi robbie - hope the flu is getting better - I got a dose of adult croup according to the doc this morning (how embarrassing when people ask) we can do 'feeling not well' together

D

Dollit

I do a nice line in hot blackcurrant and honey if anyone wants one...:tea: