• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help please

O

Oceanmists

I really need to talk to someone. I am struggling emotionally and find it difficult to cope

Avolitionist

Avolitionist

Hello and welcome. :)

B

Bod

Former member
Hello Oceanmists, welcome to the forum I hope you can settle here as everyone is so very caring and helpful.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi oceanmists,
Welcome to the forum, hope you'll be very happy here.
Please do when you feel ready tell us a bit more.
I'm so sorry you are struggling.

O

Oceanmists

Hi oceanmists,
Welcome to the forum, hope you'll be very happy here.
Please do when you feel ready tell us a bit more.
I'm so sorry you are struggling.
Thank u . How does the forum work?

Jolly

Jolly

Welcome 🙏 just keep writing on here as little or as much as you want so that we can support you

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Oceanmists, welcome to the forum.

O

Oceanmists

Thank you everyone... it's such a long story... In short I am stuck between my husband and my family... My husband says horrid stuff to me... Emotional abuse some would say... But how can I throw him out of the house.. he has nowhere to go.. I cannot do that to him.. I love him so much... Because of that my family is giving me a very hard time and also saying so hurtful stuff that I cannot cope.. since my dad passed away when I was in school I have stood by my mother and siblings and helped them wherever I can till date... Yesterday it felt everything I have ever done for my husband and family doesn't count even one bit .. if I am of no use to anyone, I feel why should I even be alive...

H

HighPriestess

You should never have to put up with any kind of emotional abuse. Be strong, have confidence, take courage, and stand your ground. Indeed, it's easier said than done. But, you deserve better than what you are (unnecessarily) putting up with. It's time that really value yourself and see your true worth. If you don't stand up for yourself, your situation will only persist. Look after yourself, first and foremost. I'd really suggest marriage counselling, or at least counselling for yourself. Best wishes

O

Oceanmists

You should never have to put up with any kind of emotional abuse. Be strong, have confidence, take courage, and stand your ground. Indeed, it's easier said than done. But, you deserve better than what you are (unnecessarily) putting up with. It's time that really value yourself and see your true worth. If you don't stand up for yourself, your situation will only persist. Look after yourself, first and foremost. I'd really suggest marriage counselling, or at least counselling for yourself. Best wishes
Thank you.. i spoke to my doctor about this because it is now affecting my health.. she said she was going to refer me to some counseling but I have not heard anything so far... My husband doesn't think he has a problem so he will not agree to go for alcohol conseling or marriage counseling..