• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help, please?

L

L1F3SUCK5

My OCD is increasingly getting worse, I just don’t know what to do. My CPN has been trying to help me reduce my checks but I’m finding it so hard, I can’t seem to reduce them, all I do is end up increasing them (not intentionally).
can anyone suggest anything that has helped you or just give me some ideas? Idk. I’m trying. This is all too much .

L

Ladyfair

My OCD is increasingly getting worse, I just don’t know what to do. My CPN has been trying to help me reduce my checks but I’m finding it so hard, I can’t seem to reduce them, all I do is end up increasing them (not intentionally).
can anyone suggest anything that has helped you or just give me some ideas? Idk. I’m trying. This is all too much .
Hi are you taking medication? I also have ocd I take zoloft can't say it helps slot though. I try to make myself stop the checking by walking away. I know how awful it is.

L

L1F3SUCK5

Hi are you taking medication? I also have ocd I take zoloft can't say it helps slot though. I try to make myself stop the checking by walking away. I know how awful it is.
Hi, I’m on medication, it’s more for my depression and anxiety but yes, I am. I’m on Venlafaxine and diazepam.
The thing is, due to this pandemic it’s become harder to walk away because often my OCD will use the pandemic as fuel if you know what I mean.
The voice will tell me things like “if you don’t check this (x) amount of times then your family will get Covid and die” so I feel like I have to do it. In a way I feel to some extent that I’m protecting them. Yes, it really is awful and I’m sorry you’re struggling with it too.

L

Ladyfair

Hi, I’m on medication, it’s more for my depression and anxiety but yes, I am. I’m on Venlafaxine and diazepam.
The thing is, due to this pandemic it’s become harder to walk away because often my OCD will use the pandemic as fuel if you know what I mean.
The voice will tell me things like “if you don’t check this (x) amount of times then your family will get Covid and die” so I feel like I have to do it. In a way I feel to some extent that I’m protecting them. Yes, it really is awful and I’m sorry you’re struggling with it too.
I do understand and the pandemic is just adding to our problems. Your not alone in this if that helps.😊

H

Hope1986

I found out that our OCD if we got psychological damage, it will increase very very bad.
Me in 2018 my OCD decreased very low because i have alot fun time with my ex, in 2020 when we break up it come to me even more worse.

L

L1F3SUCK5

I found out that our OCD if we got psychological damage, it will increase very very bad.
Me in 2018 my OCD decreased very low because i have alot fun time with my ex, in 2020 when we break up it come to me even more worse.
That makes sense I guess

F

Felicity

I do understand and the pandemic is just adding to our problems. Your not alone in this if that helps.😊
I agree. My OCD symptoms started approximately 2 weeks after I recovered from COVID, which was a very stressful time for me. I often wonder if the two things might be linked in some way. I also believe the pandemic in general allows OCD to creep up way more easily than normal because we have extraaa time to think.

L

L1F3SUCK5

I agree. My OCD symptoms started approximately 2 weeks after I recovered from COVID, which was a very stressful time for me. I often wonder if the two things might be linked in some way. I also believe the pandemic in general allows OCD to creep up way more easily than normal because we have extraaa time to think.
Unfortunately my OCD started when I was 13, so 7 years ago. I didn’t have any stressful factors at the time and my OCD has gotten better and worse on and on over the years. Yes, since the pandemic started my OCD has quickly escalated I think due to the fact covid is an extra threat so I have to check things more or check more things because something bad is more likely to happen to my family.
I’m sorry for what you’ve had to go through and I really hope things do get better for you soon x

F

Felicity

Unfortunately my OCD started when I was 13, so 7 years ago. I didn’t have any stressful factors at the time and my OCD has gotten better and worse on and on over the years. Yes, since the pandemic started my OCD has quickly escalated I think due to the fact covid is an extra threat so I have to check things more or check more things because something bad is more likely to happen to my family.
I’m sorry for what you’ve had to go through and I really hope things do get better for you soon x
I didn’t mean to say your OCD is due to the pandemic, sorry. Just that the pandemic is probably exacerbating things. I hope you get better. In my case I do hope once the situation gets back to normal my OCD will decrease a bit but maybe I’m being delusional.

L

L1F3SUCK5

I didn’t mean to say your OCD is due to the pandemic, sorry. Just that the pandemic is probably exacerbating things. I hope you get better. In my case I do hope once the situation gets back to normal my OCD will decrease a bit but maybe I’m being delusional.
No worries, I understand what you meant. Thank you, I hope yours does get better when the pandemic gets better. I’m hopeful my OCD will get better too x

M

Mindofthemind

I can definitely understand how Covid can make things worst!

The checks is an addiction, truly, the more you do them the more you HAVE TO do them because the least effective they become! I've seen people where they physically cringe because the therapist interrupts their rituals. It is not easy at all but one thing to remember is that you are stronger than OCD!

OCD is a magnificent stage creator and story teller, however, it is only that. A story teller!! Nothing that OCD says is true, but believing in them makes them true!

I am truly sorry to hear you've been suffering, I know what's that like. I hope it gets better soon and you become stronger for it!!

L

L1F3SUCK5

I can definitely understand how Covid can make things worst!

The checks is an addiction, truly, the more you do them the more you HAVE TO do them because the least effective they become! I've seen people where they physically cringe because the therapist interrupts their rituals. It is not easy at all but one thing to remember is that you are stronger than OCD!

OCD is a magnificent stage creator and story teller, however, it is only that. A story teller!! Nothing that OCD says is true, but believing in them makes them true!

I am truly sorry to hear you've been suffering, I know what's that like. I hope it gets better soon and you become stronger for it!!
Thank you so much. Hope you’re doing okay x