• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help please

D

dc86uk

Hello all,

I have been a member of this forum for a long time now. I have tried to help people where I can and have also turned to people on here for advice. But I am facing the biggest struggle of my life...and it’s not me who is “suffering”

Last week I posted a thread about some issues my mum was having with abdomen pains and weight loss and tiredness. We all thought gallstones.

Well today my world crashed and burned around me. The GP has referred her to a consultant at the hospital. Her CT scan showed thickening around the stomach in locations and lesions on her liver consistent with cancer that has spread. I am a broken man. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 23 and now 34 face the prospect of losing my greatest champion and friend. She was and is my life. I work so she can stay retired. I check in and shop for her when she needs. I simply cannot imagine my life without her. I am lost and do not know if I will ever recover. I do not want life without her in it.

I am sorry. Dave

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello Dave,
I am so sorry to hear this. It must have come as a huge shock to you. Did the consultant say if the cancer can be treated? I apologise if you have already said it has.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Hiya Dave. I am so sorry to hear this. Its a huge shock to your system I understand. I agree with bpd2020, is there treatment they are suggesting?

Your mother is a key person in all our lives and its so terrible to lose yours. My mother died suddenly aged 52 only and it took me years to fully come to accept her death. But I did eventually and life did go on. Grief is a total shock to the system and a really painful thing but she is still alive so enjoy and live every moment you can with her and enjoy those moments. Encourage her to face this with courage by showing courage yourself.

Hang on in there and keep going for her sake.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi Dave, no need to be sorry we are a support forum. Providing support in times of need is what we are here for. I’m so sorry to hear that your mother is ill with cancer. My mother and I are very close, she is my number one supporter and partner. The thought for me of losing her would virtually mean to lose my own life so I know where you are coming with this. It’s only natural to panic with the thought of where things may turn with this. Try to be patient and optimistic as best you can. Did the doctor talk about treatment, prognosis or the stage of cancer she is in? My neighbors mother has stage four cancer and has been in treatment for years now. Your mother is so fortunate to have you as a support for her during this difficult time and you are both fortunate to have each other. Love and hugs to you both. xo, j

D

dc86uk

Hello all,

I really appreciate your words. It does mean a lot.

Basically we are in the unknown at the moment until we go and see the gastroenterologist and they perform a camera down the throat and biopsy. We were told by the GP yesterday though that based on the CT Scan and report, to expect the worst. So it hit hard.

I did ring him in the afternoon for a further chat and he said that it is consistent with advanced stages due to liver lesions etc.

It kills me even to look at her. She is my best pal and the pillar in which my life is based. I have always been fairly open to this situation as I always have known, death comes for us all and no one can cheat it, but I didn’t think it would be on my doorstep like this again.

Dave

E

Escalier

I lost my mother Christmas. We weren't particularly close but she was still my mom !! Am realy sorry to hear about your circumstances and only wish you love and happiness for the future

Carol1952

Carol1952

Hello all,

I have been a member of this forum for a long time now. I have tried to help people where I can and have also turned to people on here for advice. But I am facing the biggest struggle of my life...and it’s not me who is “suffering”

Last week I posted a thread about some issues my mum was having with abdomen pains and weight loss and tiredness. We all thought gallstones.

Well today my world crashed and burned around me. The GP has referred her to a consultant at the hospital. Her CT scan showed thickening around the stomach in locations and lesions on her liver consistent with cancer that has spread. I am a broken man. I lost my dad to cancer when I was 23 and now 34 face the prospect of losing my greatest champion and friend. She was and is my life. I work so she can stay retired. I check in and shop for her when she needs. I simply cannot imagine my life without her. I am lost and do not know if I will ever recover. I do not want life without her in it.

I am sorry. Dave
I am so sorry to hear this.I lost both of my parents two years apart.I have nobody now