• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help please

magpie3318

magpie3318

I just moved out of my home and into an apartment. I am extremely terrified and can’t get out of my bed. I don’t know what to do and I just want to go home, but I’m stuck in a year long lease. I’m 20, and I know I need to get over my anxiety, but it’s so hard.

E

EstherRose94

Well first off it’s super normal to feel nervous right now but you’ll settle in over time and this will start to feel like home or at least your home away from home. So don’t be hard on yourself. I think just take it easy and do things that make you feel calm and then gradually start developing a routine.

magpie3318

magpie3318

Well first off it’s super normal to feel nervous right now but you’ll settle in over time and this will start to feel like home or at least your home away from home. So don’t be hard on yourself. I think just take it easy and do things that make you feel calm and then gradually start developing a routine.
Thank you. I just can’t stop crying. I tried to stand up and get out of bed but I couldn’t because I was shaking so much. My anxiety disorder has also gotten worse because of the COVID-19 quarantine, and this is the first time I’ve stepped out of my comfort zone in months.

I

Italia2020

I just moved out of my home and into an apartment. I am extremely terrified and can’t get out of my bed. I don’t know what to do and I just want to go home, but I’m stuck in a year long lease. I’m 20, and I know I need to get over my anxiety, but it’s so hard.
I know how you feel my panic and anxiety has been horrific for this past year. Since the quarantine it’s gotten even worse. I am like you all day. I know it’s so hard to go through.

M

Mel123

Things in the world are crazy right now and I can't imagine that would this less hard. It's pretty normal to feel like that when first moving out. It's a whole new world! The good news is it gets better. Finding a good routine helped when I first left home. Also talk to your friends/family for support if you can. If things get really hard you can always see about getting into therapy. Good luck with your new move and feel better soon!

C

CallMeMyself

I am new to the Forum and read your post. I know it was posted sometime ago, but just hoping that you are OK and are feeling better.