• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help Please!!

P

PeculiarGirl

I really want to be more positive. I’ve been told that I’m very negative. I have very negative views about just about everything because of my depression. I’ve been considering being more positive for years now but I still have a lot of baggage and pain that controls my life. I’m very passive and I feel like I’m a victim.

Catty5

Catty5

Hello
Welcome :welcome:
Hope you find support and help here.
I’m depressed and anxious.... it’s hard to see things positively now. We’re the victim of own depression....

P

PeculiarGirl

Hello
Welcome :welcome:
Hope you find support and help here.
I’m depressed and anxious.... it’s hard to see things positively now. We’re the victim of own depression....

P

PeculiarGirl

I have anxiety as well. 😢

Catty5

Catty5

Depression and anxiety are unerlcomed best friends.....😱
I suffer both

P

PeculiarGirl

Yes they are!! They’re are and have been making my life a living hell!!!

Catty5

Catty5

Yes it’s really a hell. you're not the only one. I’m struggling too.

Catty5

Catty5

I take Prozac 40mg. It’s been on 13 weeks since I started. 3 meds failed before Prozac. I’m on TMS now.
Because i’m a health care professional, therapy doesn’t work unfortunately since I know it too well. And I don’t have any issue to deal with at therapy right now.
If you want choose a therapist, please choose someone who knows “mental illness” well. A bit of advice. I’m in CA. Very easy to get therapists here.

P

PeculiarGirl

Oh ok. Thanks much for the advice!! 😊

L

LadyDomino

@PeculiarGirl - you have done one positive thing - and that is coming on here are asking for help. Start with little positives and then build up.

J

Just me

Hello @PeculiarGirl and sorry to hear your struggling. I too am feeling the same. Each day I wake up earlier then I need to just so I can try and feel good about myself before I have to deal with the world. I wash, do my hair, etc, then sit down have breakfast and a coffee. Basically things I didn't normally do in the morning. Most days I leave the house on top of the world but and up feeling down or pissed off about things.
I don't think there is an easy fix apart from just keep changing small things in your day. If something gets to me I try and escape the area I'm in for 5-10mins and breathe. Sometimes it works sometimes not so much.
All anyone can do is just keep trying different things and keep strong.
I've felt like this for some time now and have good and bad days.
Hope you find a way and if you need to chat I'm here to vent on xx