• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help please, what consequences are there of early pension - paranoid schizophrenia - in the work-field +any information about handicap papers for life

Micsodi

Micsodi

Hello!
I'm asking for your help.

I am sick, but I'd like a normal life, more than anything.
My family wants me to have a monthly income, since I have trouble finding a job.

I have paranoid schizophrenia, or so I have been diagnosed.
(I'd want to be re-analyzed, a new opinion, and get a less severe diagnosis or at least be subscribed less drugs.)

If and I think I will have to try for pension, I might not get a job at all. I would really like to learn more, have more opportunities to have a proper job.

The amount of money is 126.70 pounds sterling per month as pension, and my doctor recommended trying for handicap papers too. That's not enough to live by, even here.
I know they all mean well and I feel like a leech, so I'm pressured to go along.

However I know nothing of the consequences of getting these papers.

Things have changed in my country and me and my partner would like to live abroad - somewhere north, maybe Denmark or Sweden. But, we need to earn money to go, and I need to find a job there too.

I'm in the dark, and all I can think of is that my sickness and diagnosis will hold me back. So many people see mental illness as being unreliable and unfit to fulfill job requirements. Some think paranoid schizophrenics will have multiple personalities and wreak havoc at the workplace.

What should I do? Am I already stigmatized by my diagnosis and I should try for the papers? - if so, which would do more harm to a job-hunt, to my future?

Do you have any experience in this - did they help? What did you go through after getting - if you did?

Thank you so much for reading through this, I am sorry for the length of this post. I hope I'm making sense, I am a bit emotional.
I am grateful for your time reply.

Micsodi

Micsodi

Thank you for your time and reply.