• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help... Please anyone...

I

itsallpc

Hi there i am a 38 year old man, i have Cptsd, social phobia, anxiety disorder, stress disorder, I hate people as they scare the living daylights out of me.. i have no friends and i am feeling really down and low. Would love a girlfriend as i am a really nice caring loving person but how do i find one if i do not go out.. This is all starting to depress me even more.. what should i do. I am alone and a lot of the tme i like that but i am also very very lonely as well.. I am in a catch 22 position and how do i get out of it? I have had this illness 16 years and well i cant see it going away.

If you try online dating sites well as soon as you say you have problems they run a mile because they dont understand and only see what the media tells them. i would not hurt a fly. i just get irate because i cant think through the pain in my head help please thanks.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
hi there and welcome. There are many otheres on here that suffer from social phobia/anxiety etc. Just dont try to run b4 u can walk. Chat to people on here and see if there is a local forum been set up. If you make friends first then the problems dont seem to matter so much.

Good luck

I

itsallpc

Hi there thanks for the advice. I know you are right just having a bad time at the mo feeling down and lonely ugly and unlovable. WOW what a way for a bloke to act. lol But this is my life and i guess i just have to suck it up and get on with it thanks for the help

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

i guess i just have to suck it up and get on with it
Well yes, but you're not alone. Like daffy said, there's plenty of people on here with similar problems, and we've all been through the mill so we understand in a way that only people who have been there can.

Take care