help ? paranoid or not ?

G

gjames

Hi,
Around january my ex of 3 and half years cheated on me and I think its turn me over paranoid! I've always suffered from paranoia but this time round its bad. I recently got with this girl I knew for years and im really happy but at the start of the relationship it seems like now I think about it that there's something thats gone wrong. We met up all the time and had a laugh .. went out for drinks and meals, but one night she was on her phone and out of the blue decided to go meet another man she speaks to and go back to his house at 12 at night ! ? She even asked me to wait across the road with her till he got there. I bought her drinks all week she didn't pay for nothing and I kinda feel betrayed even though we didnt get together offically till a few days later. She swears nothing happend and this 'man' had been in a bad place and said he was going to kill himself but when I saw him he looked fine! She had told me she was "obsessed" with him a few weeks before the day after we had a one night stand. She said nothing at all happend and he went to kiss her and she pulled away .. I dont believe her ? That same night in seek of revenge I went back with another girl and told her the next morning and she was pissed off. She says that she kinda wished she did sleep with him now because of what I done. She is very believable at times but im not sure what to think. I've tryed putting it behind me but it just dont work. What dose everyone think
Is this just me ? Or is there something not right or could she be telling the truth ??

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome: to the forum

I wasn't that clear from what you wrote if you are still with this girl or not, you say at the start of your post she is your ex?

I'm not sure really. That the bloke she went to see "looked fine" doesn't mean he wasn't feeling suicidal. Her behaviour around him seems a bit strange, telling you she was obsessed with him etc but was this before you had started dating? As from your post it reads as though things between you and her were still casual then?

How is your relationship now? Did this happen some time ago as it sounds like it's only now it's starting to really bother you?

G

gjames

No my ex had cheated on me after nearly 4 years and we split in January but that is a different girl. I think that it has made me paranoid in my new relationship. And yeah he looker fine he was laughing and smiling .. I think he got jelous that I was with her and decided to say hes suicidal to get her to meet him. It happend at the start of our relationship but recently its bothering me

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I'm not sure, but I'd say if you are worried about it now it might indicate your relationship might have other issues.

Saying you are suicidal to get someone to meet you is a bit strange behaviour imo, it's not exactly a turn on is it?

I'm not sure tbh, has she given you any reason to mistrust her since then? As seems odd for it to suddenly start bothering you now?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F People 30
W People 5
N People 2
S People 1
R People 7