• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

HELP! Panic attack

M

Meaghan

Hi guys! I’m encountering a lot of health issues recently and today it hit me all at once and I got very overwhelmed.
I’ve been having a panic attack for several hours and I feel so shaky amd bloated. I had some of my sleeping medicine a bit over an hour ago and I’m still shaky and can’t sleep.

what do I do?? How do I relax and fall asleep?

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Staff Member on Leave
Have you tried mindfulness breathing . This works for me

Put your hands on your chest
Breathe in for the count of four
Hold for the count of five
Breathe out for the count of six

Keep repeating till you feel calmer

This normally helps me and if I’m out when i have an attack I do the breathing techniques without putting my hands on my chest

There’s quite a lot of mindfulness tips on you tube that could help you

calypso

calypso

Admin
Since daffy mentioned Mindfulness we have a very brief article on it here which may (or may not) be helpful to you. How do I start practicing mindfulness? • Mental Health Forum

Otherwise I think the breathing exercise that daffy mentions is excellent and can help immensely. Start with the body and work backwards to the sensation you are getting. So calming the body is your first port of call. I hope you find this helpful

K

Kavaris_Valiant_One

I woke up to today, with a panic attack, as my senile grandmother was hounding me about the cat dissappearing (i forgot to let her in last night)... I got lost in a utube video nd it started to relax me. It took a couple hours, as im still trying to wake up, as long as you can control your breathing, and get thoughts aligned (get the pointers* pointing in self fulfilling position , it should all fall into place. Theres a new term im working on which is defined as - 'feeling energized through relaxation'.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
D What do you do when you get panic attack, please help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 41
F Panic Attack Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
L Help. Girlfriend panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 7
A Panic disorder help! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
N A book that help me to cope with agoraphobia an panic attacks Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
T Panic and Anxiety, please help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
B Panic attacks. What can I do? My meds don't help at all. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M Help for agoraphobia? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
B Friend with agoraphobia, please help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
viveka Help with walking down the street? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 13
L PLEASE HELP Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
magpie3318 Help please Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
H Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
7 I need help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
M Please Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
C Help! Disordered breathing pattern/ HVS - Health anxiety Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
M Hypertension and agoraphobia...help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
Homebound87 Help Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
whitelection I have a fear of fainting in public--Help. Me. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
L My mum doesn't understand my severe fear... Help? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
N Help and advice needed. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
F Can anyone help me???? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
C Murderous Thoughts help ? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
A Help for a friend/girlfriend Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
G Please someone help me, I'm desperate. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
I Please help I'm so scared can't cope Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
BusyCat I need help. Please. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 10
C Help, I'm getting worse. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
K Sleeping problems. Help. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
P Help for my son Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M HELP !! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
S Constant dizziness HELP Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
M I need help :'( Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
G Need some help! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
L Agoraphobia - Desperately searching for someone ne who can help, is it you? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
M Has anyone experienced this? If so, please help me! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 5
N Hate Agoraphobia. Help. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Q Help needed Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
M Scared of myself or nothing to fear? HELP. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
S More help seems to be making things worse Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 6
M I need to help my agoraphobic/alcoholic mum Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
B need some help please Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2
D Housebound: Need Help and Advice Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
M New to forum, Looking for help and understanding Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
H Agoraphobia and struggling with it, I feel stuck and is there anyone out there that can help me Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 4
Panda Please can you help or offer advice? Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
jools1234 PLS HELP, just received arrest warrant (fines) but cant leave the house Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 8
C Please help! My brother has never been THIS bad before. Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 1
S i feel like im taking 100 steps backwards...help!!! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 3
K im at my end please help me!! Panic Disorder and Agoraphobia Forum 2