• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help! My mental health is the lowest it's been.

A

animmortaltear66

Hello. I find this so difficult. But what I have found more difficult is help with mental health. No one cares. I keep getting passed about like an unwanted animal. The Council is hounding me for Council Tax from 2018 which I have already paid and have proof but yet they are still getting a company to aggressively pursue me. I really can't take this anymore.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hello and welcome to the forum. That sounds very distressing for you. Can you talk to citizens advice and get them to support you with this?

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
Welcome to the forum animmortaltear66 :welcome:

It's so frustrating when you're trying to get help but keep getting ignored. This year has been especially difficult because everything is focused on Covid so all other health issues including mental health has been sidelined. It took me a decade before I could get my diagnosis and before that I just got prescribed some mild anti depressants before being sent off to yet another therapist when they didn't help. I finally got a therapist that would actually listen and could help but it took years. I hope you find the help you need and that you can get your tax problems sorted. Take care and best wishes.

M

PetitPois

PetitPois

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Sorry you are having such a tough time right now :hug:

A

animmortaltear66

Welcome to the forum animmortaltear66 :welcome:

It's so frustrating when you're trying to get help but keep getting ignored. This year has been especially difficult because everything is focused on Covid so all other health issues including mental health has been sidelined. It took me a decade before I could get my diagnosis and before that I just got prescribed some mild anti depressants before being sent off to yet another therapist when they didn't help. I finally got a therapist that would actually listen and could help but it took years. I hope you find the help you need and that you can get your tax problems sorted. Take care and best wishes.

M
Thank you for your words. I have suffered from depression since I was probably 10; 55 soon. No one takes chronic depression serious. I was so proud of myself having come off antidepressants Dec. 2019 after taking for about 20 years. And amazingly am still off them. Please message me to talk.

A

animmortaltear66

Hello and welcome to the forum. That sounds very distressing for you. Can you talk to citizens advice and get them to support you with this?
Thank you. I have been given 3 others to try and tried and all useless. I have not tried Citizen's Advice as I have used on so many different occasions over the past 30 years both personally and professionally and they have been useless.
It appears they are my only help so will try one more time.
The power Council's have over us is crazy, unbelievable.
I have proven to them with receipts I owe them nothing. They will not acknowledge my receipts with an answer only saying they told me to pay £117 p/month and I didn't do that.
Again thanks

GTP

GTP

Thank you. I have been given 3 others to try and tried and all useless. I have not tried Citizen's Advice as I have used on so many different occasions over the past 30 years both personally and professionally and they have been useless.
It appears they are my only help so will try one more time.
The power Council's have over us is crazy, unbelievable.
I have proven to them with receipts I owe them nothing. They will not acknowledge my receipts with an answer only saying they told me to pay £117 p/month and I didn't do that.
Again thanks
animmortaltear66

Don't despair, buddy. You'll pull yourself out of it somehow.