• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help mid attack

B

Berntist

Hi thank you, just the usual you see i don't feel at home in my home so it makes me feel uncomfortable and Anxious all the time i start feeling Anxious when i wake up and think oh no i'm still living here x

L

laural98

Hi thank you, just the usual you see i don't feel at home in my home so it makes me feel uncomfortable and Anxious all the time i start feeling Anxious when i wake up and think oh no i'm still living here x
Am I right in remembering you’ve listed your house for sale because of the noise? Hopefully that will get done quickly and you’ll be in an environment you love soon and it will make you feel 100% better. X

B

Berntist

Am I right in remembering you’ve listed your house for sale because of the noise? Hopefully that will get done quickly and you’ll be in an environment you love soon and it will make you feel 100% better. X
yes that's right it was a big mistake moving here and so hopefully i can move and improve my life before i get any worse hope your feeling better and can sleep that's the way to repair your body x

L

laural98

You will I’m sure of it. Just think a year from now you will be in your new home which will be an environment you will and your safe space to do whatever you like.

B

Berntist

Ahh thanks Laura i hope you are right that gives me a bit of hope it happens your very kind x

L

laural98

No problem! We all deserve some happiness in this world despite everything that’s going on x

B

Berntist

We do and one day we will hopefully be back to enjoying life x

L

laural98

Fingers crossed, I look forward to that day.. p.s any tips on how to sleep quick? Ha ! X

B

Berntist

i wish i did have tips on how to get to sleep quick i just close my eyes and hope for the best!! x

L

laural98

i wish i did have tips on how to get to sleep quick i just close my eyes and hope for the best!! x
That’s what I usually do! It’s hard to do something to burn my energy when I don’t have any to begin with. That usually makes me tired x

B

Berntist

That’s what I usually do! It’s hard to do something to burn my energy when I don’t have any to begin with. That usually makes me tired x
I am the same i don't have much energy these days i think part of it is i don't eat properly i really didn't think 6 months ago i would be like this i have never been ill before and i am in shock can't believe it's happening to me and put my life on hold i used to be so happy before the noise Anxiety began you never know what's round the corner x

L

laural98

I am the same i don't have much energy these days i think part of it is i don't eat properly i really didn't think 6 months ago i would be like this i have never been ill before and i am in shock can't believe it's happening to me and put my life on hold i used to be so happy before the noise Anxiety began you never know what's round the corner x
Sadly I don’t think anyone every thinks they get to the stage they are at when they are ill. It’s not a nice feeling and feels like we will never be back to our normal selves. I have only been experiencing this around a 3 weeks now so god help what you’re feeling after 6 months. When i ring the gp tomorrow I’m thinking of getting my thyroid checked. I am quite young and have never had it checked even though I had bloods done recently. I read that it can sometimes mimic panic attacks and the attacks will not subside with antidepressants as that is not the right medication. Something to look into I suppose. Or maybe in denial that anxiety can be causing all of this pain.

B

Berntist

Sadly I don’t think anyone every thinks they get to the stage they are at when they are ill. It’s not a nice feeling and feels like we will never be back to our normal selves. I have only been experiencing this around a 3 weeks now so god help what you’re feeling after 6 months. When i ring the gp tomorrow I’m thinking of getting my thyroid checked. I am quite young and have never had it checked even though I had bloods done recently. I read that it can sometimes mimic panic attacks and the attacks will not subside with antidepressants as that is not the right medication. Something to look into I suppose. Or maybe in denial that anxiety can be causing all of this pain.
I have borderline thyroid and have been on medication for that for about 8 years i was due a review about 4 months ago the doctor rang me to do the review i told her how i was feeling anxious weepy and worried about noise she said it could be thyroid related she sent me for my bloods doing and they came back okay after a long conversation she told me i had noise Anxiety and the only way to get better was to remove myself from the cause of it she upped my propranolol medication but it only helped the palpitations she wanted to put me on medication but she said on them you get worse before better but i didn't want to take them at that time if when i move the Anxiety comes with me i will see her again and maybe start on the medication it is a good idea to get your thyroid checked it may be that x

L

laural98

I have borderline thyroid and have been on medication for that for about 8 years i was due a review about 4 months ago the doctor rang me to do the review i told her how i was feeling anxious weepy and worried about noise she said it could be thyroid related she sent me for my bloods doing and they came back okay after a long conversation she told me i had noise Anxiety and the only way to get better was to remove myself from the cause of it she upped my propranolol medication but it only helped the palpitations she wanted to put me on medication but she said on them you get worse before better but i didn't want to take them at that time if when i move the Anxiety comes with me i will see her again and maybe start on the medication it is a good idea to get your thyroid checked it may be that x
Fingers crossed when you move your anxiety will subside and you’ll be feeling yourself again! Thats interesting I wondered if there was a link which there must be. I do agree the medication I’ve been started on had made me feel worse, I do wonder what I’ll feel like in a couple weeks time and if the medication will actually kick in and make me feel any different. The only difference I notice at the moment is during a panic my heart rate stays low and doesn’t race as much x