• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help mid attack

L

laural98

I try to do that most of the time. Curl up in bed and try not to think about it. It always gets the better of me and I end up making myself worse

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

So sorry you had a bad attack. I've had that 'rising' sensation, and it is scary I know. Sounds like a silly thing to say, but try not to fight it when it happens - it can make you panic more thereby increasing the symptoms. Try to just 'ride the wave' whilst concentrating on your breathing and telling yourself "I'm safe and it will pass". Easier said than done at the time though I know.

Foxjo

Foxjo

im logging off now laural98 please chat to your gp if you can, they might just say you need more time, if they do please dont be disheartened.
Hugs , Fox

L

laural98

im logging off now laural98 please chat to your gp if you can, they might just say you need more time, if they do please dont be disheartened.
Hugs , Fox
Thanks very much for your help tonight x

L

laural98

So sorry you had a bad attack. I've had that 'rising' sensation, and it is scary I know. Sounds like a silly thing to say, but try not to fight it when it happens - it can make you panic more thereby increasing the symptoms. Try to just 'ride the wave' whilst concentrating on your breathing and telling yourself "I'm safe and it will pass". Easier said than done at the time though I know.
I feel much better now thank you. Lately I tend to suffer when headaches after the attack and then that worries me more, even though I know it’s due to how tense my body just was and from crying. It’s honestly debilitating me at the moment. Feels like I can’t see a future without these feelings.

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Oh bless you. It can be disheartening I know. One minute you're living your life as normal, then everything gets turned on its head and you don't know what the heck's going on! You'll get there though. It's just a case of finding the medication/support/coping techniques that work for you.

L

laural98

Oh bless you. It can be disheartening I know. One minute you're living your life as normal, then everything gets turned on its head and you don't know what the heck's going on! You'll get there though. It's just a case of finding the medication/support/coping techniques that work for you.
I really hope so. I never used to be like this. How are you doing today anyway?

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Not too bad today thank you. No noisy builders outside which helps! They've been the biggest trigger for me this year - they've been here since April and won't be gone until March 😖 Aside from the ear-splitting noise and intrusiveness, the worst thing was having the windows covered and restricted for 6 months. So no view and very little fresh air all through the summer. Definitely made my mental health worse.
But they have nearly finished our section now. The windows have been uncovered and the scaffolding will be taken down soon. So I'm starting to feeling much better 🙂

L

laural98

Not too bad today thank you. No noisy builders outside which helps! They've been the biggest trigger for me this year - they've been here since April and won't be gone until March 😖 Aside from the ear-splitting noise and intrusiveness, the worst thing was having the windows covered and restricted for 6 months. So no view and very little fresh air all through the summer. Definitely made my mental health worse.
But they have nearly finished our section now. The windows have been uncovered and the scaffolding will be taken down soon. So I'm starting to feeling much better 🙂
Oh really that’s a long time isn’t it. Can see why it has been a nuisance for you. Glad you are feeling better, you’ll have your home back to normal soon.

EverybodyHurts

EverybodyHurts

Oh really that’s a long time isn’t it. Can see why it has been a nuisance for you. Glad you are feeling better, you’ll have your home back to normal soon.
Yes, hopefully. The home should be warm and familiar - somewhere you can shut out the world and feel relaxed and safe. But it's not felt like that this year. But nearly over now thankfully.

L

laural98

Won’t be long and you will have your safe space back. Just have to manage until then, Which you are doing great at.

B

Berntist

Hi Laura i hope you can feel calmer soon i know what you are going through sending you a hug to help

L

laural98

Hi Laura i hope you can feel calmer soon i know what you are going through sending you a hug to help
Hi Berntist. Thank for your asking. Feeling better now but the aftermath is never nice either. Head is still pounding and trying to have an early night and sleep it off but no joy. Hope you’re doing well today. X

B

Berntist

Hi Berntist. Thank for your asking. Feeling better now but the aftermath is never nice either. Head is still pounding and trying to have an early night and sleep it off but no joy. Hope you’re doing well today. X
Hi glad your a bit better hope you can sleep tonight eventually x iv'e had a bad day again so i know how you feel x sending a warm hug we will get better one day x

L

laural98

I’ve currently got a wet flannel on my head to try and cool it ha. Oh no sorry to hear that anything in particular that’s been bad? Sending one back to you too x