• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help me!

T

Tobyjug

Hi,

I'm going to try to describe this problem as best as I can as quickly as I can.

Basically I have been going out with a girl for about two years and into the relationship I learned that she has been sectioned twice. Now our relationship is over and this has coincided with the death of her mother.

Our relationship meant the world to me and despite her acting very strangely at times I really do love her but find it impossible to deal with the things she is saying happen to her when I am not around. She claims that she is followed by groups of people, that she is continually raped and pregnant (although she has had a period every month we are together) and generally makes very strange allegations and becomes upset when I dont act and support her over them.

I don't know what to do anymore. It is so hard being in love with someone who makes no sense to you, and now she is so angry with me and feels I have let her down and do not support her. Basically I feel like the bottom has fallen out of my world but she is so angry with me and doesn't even believe we can ever be friends. My own friends think I am ridiculous for being with her at all or allowing myself to have fallen in love with her but while things were good they were excellent.

However now, especially since her mum died there is just no getting thru to her, she has been prescribed drugs before but wont take them. She can't see at all that expecting me to believe the things she says, let alone be sympathetic to them, makes having a relationship impossible and now she is accusing me of letting her down and not supporting her and I find dealing with her hatred of me, especially as I feel I have given her everything I can and put up with so many dramas, simply heartbreaking.

Can anyone here give me any advice as what to do?
Thanks

R

riverofdragons

I would speak to her mental health team. I am usually against forced medication but it seems like it would make all the difference to her quality of life. She cannot be happy experiencing all these thoughts, because I am sure she will feel them just as strongly as if they were real. If you guys have a future together then you need to do this for her.

I know its difficult to love someone so much but feel so hurt by their actions or the circumstances. She has been well and can be again but she needs you right now to do the difficult thing.

Huge hugs and warm wishes. I really hope things work out for you.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Schizophrenia Forum 2
dreambuggieIII Schizophrenia Forum 13
THE MANDALORIAN Schizophrenia Forum 1
T Schizophrenia Forum 5
J Schizophrenia Forum 5