• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

help me

I

its all in my head

Hi to everyone I took an overdose around 2 and a half months ago when i was on the bed i seen a light and then it had gone then I woke again it felt like my light me had been taken away,
but now I know i sound stupid but i feel like im surrounded by at least 9 to 10 people I feel some are harmless light with them and some are from the dark side i sit in the living room and keep seeing a dog sitting at the door.I have seen black shadows the shape of men at the side of me ive seen dark black rats at bottom of stairs, i dare not tell my c.b.t in I just getting worse with it i dare not tell everone about this what dose it mean

I

its all in my head

with out sounding stupid

Me personally I think ---------------?
that me my soul my thing that makes the mixture that forms me has been taken
as for feeling like i am surrounded i don't know if its me being me or is there really am I surrounded i just dont knoe:confused:

S

*Sapphire*

Me personally I think ---------------?
that me my soul my thing that makes the mixture that forms me has been taken
I can relate to that, I feel like this when I feel depressed. I guess you taking an overdose is a sign that you are depressed. Depression seeps into every part of my being and I feel like it almost squeezes out my personality. I have no 'energy' for personality, no motivation. Just fear of being me and life.

as for feeling like i am surrounded i don't know if its me being me or is there really am I surrounded i just dont knoe:confused:
I think hallucinations or seeing shadows can be due to a whole variety of things.

I would get your eyes checked, see your GP for a physical and if you take drugs don't take them. Try to rule out everything else.

Sensing others around you that are not there may be down to a form of anxiety or paranoia. Try to relax, learn relaxation techniques and rationalise with yourself that if you can not see it, it is likely that this sense is coming from you internally. It might be an idea to have a think about what a black dog or seeing rats might mean to you, and why you might be seeing those particular images, or who the 9-10 people might be?

There could be other MH issues involved here that may be causing this. So again it might be an idea to chat with your GP or a counsellor/therapist.

Take care
Sapphire

I

its all in my head

wrong

I have started this all wrong

S

*Sapphire*

Hi its all in my head. Why have you started this all wrong?
If I have misunderstood then that's okay, it is not neccessarily to do with you perhaps I jumped to a conclusion?

Were you thinking this is a spiritual or ghostly experience you are having?

It may well be, who I am to know?

I do think mental health problems can border on the spiritual side of things. I tend to have the attitude of rule everything else out before I go to that side of exploration of my experiences, although that hasn't been and isn't always the case.

It's okay if you disagree with my posts and opinions you know. I am certainly no professional and even if I was that wouldn't give me any authority on interpreting how things are for you. I just offered an opinion and you are free to disagree with it, being a Mod does not mean that I am always or if ever right on interpreting peoples MH experiences. :hug:

I

its all in my head

crossed lines

Hi there I ddo agree woth you you it could be spirits but its more like the medication or it it my eyeyes playing tricks on me .
i really dont know.
all I know is my days are dragging really badly all i wish is that i could sleep peacfully and that s it Icant play guitar feel like I star from day 1 relly hurt my finger dont do what my mind tellling them .I really want to draw I was relly good but I dare not pick up a pencil it will hurt to much. i be saying goodbye berore i bore u

iffybob

iffybob

Hi....

Sorry I have just noticed this thread..........

Are you actually seeing objects with form , or are you seeing shadows and thinking you saw things.

You say you are not sleeping , sleep deprivation is a whole thing in itself, I get it and when I do I see things move just outside my vision, I know they happen I know why, I look if nothing is there I dismiss it , like if you had a cold and you sneez, thats what happens when you have a cold.........