• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

help me...

A

AngelRays

Hi all, i guess am just another person looking for help answers and solutions to this God forsaken mess i have arrived into...

I am 21 years old, lifes never been totally easy but traumatic wise i haven't had nothing major happen... I was on the road to recovering from agrophobia and manic depression, i spent 3 weeks in america had the time of my life, i came back and was on top of the qworld i had everything planned out what i was gonna do who i wanted to be, WOW I had it good!

7 days after i had landed i went to work and collapsed the right side of my face dropped i was incoherrant everyone around me thought i was having a stroke inc. the paramedics... i spent 5 hours in ressus, came round confused and with a heavy feeling down my right side, due to lack of beds i was sent to stay with family so i wasn't alone...
following this the next day i bent to pick up some washing and couldnt stop screaming my arm, it wasn't working, i could still feel it though....
as the day progressed i lost my leg... but my face an speech returned

i went to the drs in the following morning who assessed me and i was a 3/5 function in arm and leg reflexes, compared to my 5/5 left side he referred me to a neurologist who when he saw me i had deteriorated more, he sed i needed an mri scan but would probably return in 10 days...

i was again sent home to family and left for 11 days before we yet agsain went to the drs as i had deteriorated more, he called up the hospital and have been here since, 3 months in total...

i have been diagnosed with conversion disorder/ functional weakness dissasociative symptoms...

i have improved alot since it happened but am not safe to go home, am stuck in hospital... does anyone know of any rehab / intermidiate homes so i can get out of hospital that are not dedicated for elderly... i need to be normal again, my life has been put on hold for way too long but how can i win... my balance id awful wud i cope at home????? they are on about moving me wards. trying to find an intermidiate home, or dumping me at home... one prob even though i can walk short distances it doesnt include on carpet or rough terrain, another thing have been getting around in a chair, and keep failing my stair assesment... i have to go down 10 concrete steps to get to my front door... if they put me in my home, i will be trapped and i fear relapsing into agrophobia....

another thing... is there anyone out there who can relate??????

thanks for reading x

T

Twylight

Hello and Welcome

There are psychiatric halfway homes scattered around

I'm not exactly sure where you could find out about them - probably through a GP