• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help me

D

Diamond21

Hi everyone, I am suffering with extreme anxiety and depression but I feel that it’s something more I am convinced I am bipolar I feel so unpredictable, my head races I don’t sleep I can’t think straight and then other times I am so so down, could you please help me I am feeling scared and alone I am waiting on a referral , does this sound like bipolar?

2Much2Feel

Hey, I'm sorry.

It does to me, but I am no expert. I have been diagnosed with bipolar II, but I think yours sounds like the more traditional one, bipolar I. I'm not the best at describing bipolar I, as I haven't dealt with it, but there are a lot of people on here who do and know a lot more than I. From what I understand, it is marked by extreme highs usually w lots of energy, getting a lot of rushing and/or grandiose thoughts and plans, maybe overspending or becoming promiscuous, and extreme lows.

Good that you are getting help, though. And like I said, other people here are good resources, have some good advice.

D

Diamond21

Hey, I'm sorry.

It does to me, but I am no expert. I have been diagnosed with bipolar II, but I think yours sounds like the more traditional one, bipolar I. I'm not the best at describing bipolar I, as I haven't dealt with it, but there are a lot of people on here who do and know a lot more than I. From what I understand, it is marked by extreme highs usually w lots of energy, getting a lot of rushing and/or grandiose thoughts and plans, maybe overspending or becoming promiscuous, and extreme lows.

Good that you are getting help, though. And like I said, other people here are good resources, have some good advice.
Thankyou for your reply, until the referral comes I just don’t know how to deal with it at the moment I’m at the point where my head is racing so fast it’s making my body feel like I’m running a marathon I can’t focus on anything, I can’t sleep. I will be relived to have a diagnosis because at the moment I feel like I’m going mad

2Much2Feel

Do you have any idea how long it will be before you are actually seen?

D

Diamond21

Do you have any idea how long it will be before you are actually seen?
no I’ve been waiting weeks I’ve been told due to the COVID situation I could have a wait, I feel like I’m going out of my mind, I’m on Sertraline 200mg but they are doing nothing

G

Galaxy

If it is Bipolar, meds like Sertraline can being on mania so I would urgently contact them to discuss. Somone with Bipolar really shouldn't be prescribed an antidepressant, or at least not without a mood stabiliser too

Wishbone

Wishbone

Racing thoughts, inability to sleep and not being able to think straight can all result from stress or types of depression, so it doesn't need to be a leap into Bipolar territory. But we'll dig a bit. I'll ask you a few questions to better understand:

1) How long have you been on Sertraline for and how long at 200mg?
2) I assume you got put on this for anxiety and depression; what were your moods like before this and before the Sertraline?
3) How often did your mood change before the Sertraline?
4) How often does your mood change now, or does it just feel like one big mess?
5) Any suicidal thoughts or self-harm?
6) Any other behaviour that is different to what you consider normal for you?

2Much2Feel

Racing thoughts, inability to sleep and not being able to think straight can all result from stress or types of depression, so it doesn't need to be a leap into Bipolar territory. But we'll dig a bit. I'll ask you a few questions to better understand:

1) How long have you been on Sertraline for and how long at 200mg?
2) I assume you got put on this for anxiety and depression; what were your moods like before this and before the Sertraline?
3) How often did your mood change before the Sertraline?
4) How often does your mood change now, or does it just feel like one big mess?
5) Any suicidal thoughts or self-harm?
6) Any other behaviour that is different to what you consider normal for you?
v good questions. And yes, depression causes this stuff in me as well.

JessisMe

JessisMe

Hi everyone, I am suffering with extreme anxiety and depression but I feel that it’s something more I am convinced I am bipolar I feel so unpredictable, my head races I don’t sleep I can’t think straight and then other times I am so so down, could you please help me I am feeling scared and alone I am waiting on a referral , does this sound like bipolar?
It could be bipolar. It could also be the anxiety and depression. Do you experience other symptoms of mania like sleeplessness, talking fast, ideas racing, the starting of all kinds or new projects? The desire to do “big things,” excessive spending, etc...? These are some other symptoms of mania. Nit all people have them but if you did have them then it would be easier I’m sure for appropriate medical personnel to distinguish between what is mania in what you are experiencing and what is simple anxiety. Ultimately seeing a professional to get a proper diagnosis is best. I hope you are on the pathway to better soon. xo, j

2Much2Feel

no I’ve been waiting weeks I’ve been told due to the COVID situation I could have a wait, I feel like I’m going out of my mind, I’m on Sertraline 200mg but they are doing nothing
Damn this COVID, it is making it so much harder for everyone. Perhaps calling and pushing a bit harder for even a virtual appointment can get you the help you need sooner. Idk. But it's worth pushing a bit harder on them if you're feeling this bad. If you absolutely cannot get in sooner, I highly recommend continuing to speak out here, as it is therapeutic and at a minimum you won't feel so alone in your struggles. But what you're dealing with is intense and I hope you can get help sooner. The squeaky wheel...somtimes worth being a bit of push to doctors in order to let them see it's not something you were just feeling in a moment or something mild. Fingers crossed for you. Keep talking here. It can help.

M

Mercedes1620

If it is Bipolar, meds like Sertraline can being on mania so I would urgently contact them to discuss. Somone with Bipolar really shouldn't be prescribed an antidepressant, or at least not without a mood stabiliser too
Is there anyone on mirazipine, depokote, and sequel