Help me with my Mental Health

S

school1111

Hi so im currently experiencing hearing voices and I currently am not able to think clearly. I go to a psychiatrist and is there any medicine you can suggest I also suffer from mild depression. I need to know a good medicine so I can stop hearing these voices and continue on with my normal life. I have been hearing these voices quite a lot and I am unable to get good sleep. I really need help with this thanks.

S

Skynet

I would think all antipsychotics help with auditory hallucinations like the ones you're experiencing. I think some antipsychotics may also help with depression; you're probably better off asking your psychiatrist about it.

L

Lilac

I have read from the mental health hospital that distraction techniques can help with voices for example counting all the read things in a room.

O

OCDguy

What worked for me was realising in the still of the night, in a quiet area that there was no one around, so there could be no voices. Other than that, probably a trip to the Doctors :)

S

sallimae76

I am so sorry you are going through this. I am in the EXACT same boat. I hear voices, evil demonic ones, non stop all day like a broken record. And I already have severe depression. Although I believe it is demonic, the voices did go away when I was on the injectible, invega sustenna. A shot once a month.

For the depression, zoloft helped, and try to make a new friend. I just did by joining a group on meetup.com in my city.