• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help me stop my ocd.

E

eic8sujdnekpz8sn

Hi so,
I've been having ocd for a LONG time. I actually can trace it back to when I was little, like about maybe 2 or 3rd grade. IT wasn't that bad, but I would be afraid of something bad, or harmful happening so I would tell myself "do this or bad stuff will happen". Compare to the obessivethiughts and compluseions I have now, it's not as bad back then.
I can remeber officially in 6th grade having ocd, because I was REALLY REALLY stressed out about my grades, so I would do these 'safe things' to make me feel better. (Complusions)
I thought for the longest time I just had anxiety, but when I learned OCD was I immediately knew that this was it. I haven't been to a therapist nor has this been officially diagnosed, but I just know I have ocd and Im going to school soon and I would really like for some methods or tips. I don't know if ocd can be fully cured.. though if it could that would be great and let me know how. I wish all of you a happy life!😁

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide

I don't know anything about OCD but i hope this link can help. There must be organisations that can help you. I think your GP would be the first place to go. I always thought OCD was tied with anxiety?

E

eic8sujdnekpz8sn

I don't know anything about OCD but i hope this link can help. There must be organisations that can help you. I think your GP would be the first place to go. I always thought OCD was tied with anxiety?
Thank you very much for your response! And thank you for the page about ocd treatments I've been reading it and seeing what I can do! OCD is tied to anxiety, but (I'm not sure if this is true, please correct me if I'm wrong) but I think anxiety is just having worries throughout the day about things in your daily life. I do have anxiety about things, but that worry is added with stress about something bad happening, and the thought can become obsessive and to you do these compluseions for temporary relief. And I do have one question, what's GP?
Cheers!