• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help me please

M

maria56

i'm maria i'm 31 years i can't sleep or rest my mind from 2 months now its like hell,after i get out from a long history with depression and i start to love life again, my family broke all that.my family can't accept the idea that i don't wanna get married i'm not attracted to men and i don't want to marry,they just cant accept it and they try to make me fear my desicion they keep telling me if i dont i will die alone and i will not find no one to take care of me they keep try to scare me,they even tried black magic and put things in my food to change me, its horrible i can't be in peace my stupid aunt told me its not about if you like or not its about not staying alone and find someone care for you like wtf!! they told me its impossible to be happy without being married and i better be marry fast cause im too old ;and i dont wanna do it ,i dont wanna use suicidal words but really i thought about end all this drama before so guys plz help , its possible to be happy without getting married right? plz dont ignore the post i need replies

StillFighting

StillFighting

Hi Maria and welcome :hug: I'm 31 as well and not married. I won't lie, I'm not leading a happy life at the moment; but this is not due to the fact that I'm not married, it's mainly due to my struggles with depression that I'm still trying to get out of.

It sounds like your family is giving you a hell of a difficult time, and I can imagine how hard this must be. After all, this is your life, and you have every right to make choices for yourself. No one says you 'have to' be married to be happy. On the contrary.. I imagine someone would be pretty unhappy if they were forced into something they don't want to do.

I'm not sure what you living situation is.. do you currently live with them? If not, do you see them often?

M

maria56

StillFighting thank you so much for the reply, and yes i live with my family, i feel i can't do anything normal i mean always they have to tell me if only you find a man ,or how sad they r cause they see me this way!! I'M NOT ATTRACTED TO MEN i'm a lesbian, my sis already know im a lez but she still support them telling me its not about what i like i have to do it to not being alone and to have kids to take care of me when im old!! i feel life is so sad i mean i'm not happy why i would even live it ,why we be here anyway if we r not happy!!! no purpose right? you told me you r not married too and ur problems is not about that i mean if u fixed ur problems u can be happy right? i mean its possible to be happy without being married or having kids right? do uu know any people or u have friends that r happy with no kids?!

nonotme

nonotme

i'm a lesbian,
then its time everyone of your family knows this. there's no shame in it. tell them you are gay. get on with your life and then I'm sure you will find a partner in time.

there are worst things than being gay.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 18
Fairy Lucretia Depression Forum 8
M Depression Forum 4
K Depression Forum 4
Brokenmirror Depression Forum 25