Help me my mental health team has abandoned me!

E

evelyns

hi, im 22 years old ans was recently diagnosed with personality disorder, depression, anxiety and abandonment issues, since my diagnosis in oct this year i have heard from my mental health time once. i have tried to contact him everyday since but nothing, it feels like he's abandoned me. i am going through a hard time at the moment, i am facing homelessness as well as a family death and a miscarriage, i really need someone to either help me or offer advice, they've offered me nothing, and Angelica is breaking through to take control of me. i am scared that they have left us alone.
what should i do?????

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi and :welcome: to the forum.

Have you got the number for crisis team? If so please try to ring them.

Other things you could do is book a appointment with your GP first thing in the morning or if you really don't feel safe then either ring 111 or go to A&E.

Sorry you aren't hearing anything back even after making loads of effort. Do you think writing to the mental health team might help?

Marliee x

E

evelyns

Hey hun have a crisis team number and I rang them, I got through to my care co ordinator Today. Setting up an Appointment been going through so much just don't know what to do xx

Kerome

Kerome

Keep trying Hun, crisis team and CMHT are rubbish but if you talk to them long enough about how bad your problems are they often do do something.

E

evelyns

they know how bad they are, i told them everything when i started seeing the team. i just dont know what to do going to be homeless on sunday and i just don't know :( feel hopeless and feel like just giving up. my partner is so supportive, but i just don't know how to avoid it, i work and not meant to because off my anxiety and angelica because i was told by council with we both work they would help, but they havent. :( :( :(

calypso

calypso

Admin
Would you like me to put this thread in the Personality Disorder area?

The bit that jumped out to me was that you have just had a miscarriage. The GP should take blood tests and quickly, as your hormones are almost certainly out of order and making it all worse. That way you can start getting more help. Also go back and back again to the GP. I had to see 6 GPs before one realise how ill I was.

Don't be afraid to challenge them on the prejudice that people living with PDs can't be helped - its a common prejudice in MH circles, especially the highly uneducated ones and unfortunately, they are the majority. Have you been assessed by a psychiatrist? Its your right to see one, so ask the GP to jump over the CMHT and make that appointment. Your partner can give you moral support and maybe stomp his feet for you.

You probably aren't up to it, but I wrote to my MP eventually, for my daughter, not me this time. He immediately intervened and wow, things moved along. I don't know why, but we all feel intimidated to do that, but we pay their wages and they are our servants, no matter how much they may think they aren't.