• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help me make the Drs understand me ...

messeduprainbow

messeduprainbow

Founding Member
Hi there

I am currently in hospital on a section 3 for hearing voices to hurt my daughter and partner. Im hospital i have been hearing voices to hurt staff and so was collecting cutlery but i never did hurt anybody nor did i in my right mind have any intent on hurting somebody. The thing is i have stopped hearing these voices for the past six weeks and feel fab. I have a tribunal coming up on the 8th april but i think im going to loose because I cant explain whats changed?? i just think the voices were a figment of my imagination where as before i thought i had an illness the DRS just dont get it. Ive been put under the Foremsic team as they thought I was such a risk. But ive never hurt anybody nor will.

Does anybody have any reasons why this might have happened i think the dr is scared they may come back as quickly as they disappeared which im sure there not as i dont believe there real anymore, I believ them to be a figment of my imagination but i just cant get across to the Drs what caused the change as I dont know.

Please advise

rainbow

PS: i am on medication im on arirpiprazole 25mg per day

D

Dollit

I'm not sure how you can make the doctors understand what you say. Do you think the change in the way you feel is down to the medication?

messeduprainbow

messeduprainbow

Founding Member
It could be - but I also realise now there not real there a figment of my imagination i dont have to follow any orders if i was hearing them. But they want to know whats changed and how they can be sure it wont chnage again and i just dont have an answer for them.

D

Dollit

Then tell them that you feel that the medication works for you and that now that you know that the voices aren't real and that you can keep them at bay with the help of the medication then you will continue to take it. Tell them that you'll let someone know immediately if the situation changes.

I hope you can find a way of getting this across to them.

messeduprainbow

messeduprainbow

Founding Member
Ill try that and see what they say. thank you