• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help me help him..

K

k1tty

I've been with my bf for 3 years and he recently told me that for the last couple of months he's been hearing a voice, he said it sounds like me most of the time and it's horrid to him always putting him down and pushing him to do dangerous possibly suicidal actions.

He's been depressed for over a year now but probably longer and recently we had another tragic incident and I think that's what's triggered this. He's been on 20mg of prozac for about 6 months but he takes a lot of other medications for his cystic fibrosis and I think he doesn't absorb things like I would and they're not working for him. He's also got a drink problem which doesn't help his situation, as well as an eating disorder..

We don't live together anymore so I can't be there with him 24/7 so we correspond via sms or quick calls a lot of the time. I just want to know what I can advise him to do when the voice starts to be supportive and make him feel better without patronising him..

Cheers peeps

shaun3210

shaun3210

Hi k1tty:) has your BF’s talked to his GP about the voices or is he seeing anybody about them?

K

k1tty

He goes to the hospital every 4 weeks for a check up and sees a doctor, his therapist and then there is his GP. He tells everyone half of his story and they have bits and peices of what is really going on.

His therapist is for his depression and she's given him CBT (which I personally don't rate) but he doesn't see her often or for long, he's not honest with her but says he will be next time he sees her, which will probably be 2/3 weeks away but has left her a message to see if he can see her sooner.

He says he will call his GP tomorrow and try get an appointment but they're like 2 weeks wait if you can't get one on the day.

Sorry for rambling, I'm sleep deprived.. the answer is no he's not seeing anybody yet but he's in the process. Just don't know what to do for him to make him feel less anxious

shaun3210

shaun3210

You could ask for an emergency appointment with his GP if your really concerned about how the voices are affecting him.

Could you maybe go with him to make sure the GP gets the full picture of what is going on with him?

K

k1tty

He txt me 3 times in the night with it waking him up, and I think he may have also been hallucinating that he'd been woken and got up but doesn't know if it was real or not.

I will try get him to the GP today but if not I'll make him an appointment tomorrow. He wont let me in with him but I will go with him.

Thanks