help? maybe SAD maybe something else?

S

skittles123

Im brand new to this site, dont really know how to use it but I was wondering if anybody has any idea what is wrong with me mentally..

I'm just kinda convinced I'm crazy. I dont think I think the way normal people do.. I'm always thinking about weird stuff, made up scenarios in my head and what I would do if something happened. I think about me thinking sometimes I don't really know how to describe it.

I also get these periods of highs and lows, but more lows. I get really down on myself and so negative and I don't really know what causes it and if something did happen to cause it that day, it wasn't anything major. I feel hopeless and miserable. And then on my 'highs' I feel almost fine and perky. I get hyper and talk really fast and about anything. Some days I will alternate form being in a good mood, then bad mood, then good and bad and it keeps changing. Other days I'm just constantly miserable. I think it might have a lot to do with the weather, I live in NY and it's been pretty bummy and cold and miserable out and I'm more of a summer person. I feel like I may have some sort of depression but I'm not sure.

I also am sometimes very anxious. Sometimes I will just start shaking and I don't know why and I feel jittery. I am a socially awkward person and I usually keep to myself because I don't know how to have a conversation and what to talk about. I'm constantly questioning about what I just said and if i sounded weird or not and if I'm weirding the other person out or not. So I stay quiet usually and just think to myself. I think I may have social anxiety but I'm not sure.

I just feel like a different person almost everyday. Like one day I'll be really focused on my future, then I won't care. I'll want to go out and party or something then I'll be against it. I don't know if these are good examples but I can't think of any right now. I have different ideas everyday and they aren't really consistent. I don't even know if I'm explaining all of this correctly, my mind is racing and it's hard for me to spit out my thoughts the way I want them to, and to remember what I"m trying to say and what's wrong with me. I guess overall I'm trying to say I feel drawn from the world and the rest of the normal people, I don't consider myself to be normal, normal people don't think the way I do, act the way I do. I'm socially withdrawn and awkward and anxious. Even the littlest things will piss my off sometimes. I get depressed and miserable sometimes and I don't even know why. My mood changes throughout the day sometimes from high to low. I just want to be normal, I feel like I'm going crazy. Can anybody help me maybe, or have any suggestions? I'll answer any questions you have. Please, would be appreciated.

(I also get headaches a lot, it's more of a constant pressure in my head and not often but sometimes sharp pains in 2 certain spots in my head. The pressure lasts basically all day everyday. Not serious enough to go to a doctor but it's annoying and I'm constantly tired. I don't know if this is related, just thought I would add it)

Thanks for reading

pepecat

pepecat

SAD is also thought to be caused by shorter daylight hours and lack of sunlight through the winter.
I HATE winter, but on a sunny day (even in winter) I feel way happier. Some people are affected by daylight quite a lot. You can get SAD lamps that replicate the light levels on a sunny day. I have one and I found it helpful. You do need to use it every day for a couple of weeks to kinda build up the effect though - so trying it for one or two days and saying it doesn't work isn't really long enough.

If I could, I'd follow the summer around the world so I could have long sunny days all the time. That would suit me nicely. :D

S

SSLim

Although, SAD lights are the recommendedfirst line of treatment, i would advise that you talk to your doctor or a healthcare professional to ascertain that it is SAD and not something else...