• We have just changed our forum software and are still tweaking things. You can log in using your existing user name and password. If you spot any problems please let us know by posting in the Feedback and suggestions section of the forum.

Watch this short film to find out how to use the new forum!

help? maybe SAD maybe something else?

S

skittles123

Im brand new to this site, dont really know how to use it but I was wondering if anybody has any idea what is wrong with me mentally..

I'm just kinda convinced I'm crazy. I dont think I think the way normal people do.. I'm always thinking about weird stuff, made up scenarios in my head and what I would do if something happened. I think about me thinking sometimes I don't really know how to describe it.

I also get these periods of highs and lows, but more lows. I get really down on myself and so negative and I don't really know what causes it and if something did happen to cause it that day, it wasn't anything major. I feel hopeless and miserable. And then on my 'highs' I feel almost fine and perky. I get hyper and talk really fast and about anything. Some days I will alternate form being in a good mood, then bad mood, then good and bad and it keeps changing. Other days I'm just constantly miserable. I think it might have a lot to do with the weather, I live in NY and it's been pretty bummy and cold and miserable out and I'm more of a summer person. I feel like I may have some sort of depression but I'm not sure.

I also am sometimes very anxious. Sometimes I will just start shaking and I don't know why and I feel jittery. I am a socially awkward person and I usually keep to myself because I don't know how to have a conversation and what to talk about. I'm constantly questioning about what I just said and if i sounded weird or not and if I'm weirding the other person out or not. So I stay quiet usually and just think to myself. I think I may have social anxiety but I'm not sure.

I just feel like a different person almost everyday. Like one day I'll be really focused on my future, then I won't care. I'll want to go out and party or something then I'll be against it. I don't know if these are good examples but I can't think of any right now. I have different ideas everyday and they aren't really consistent. I don't even know if I'm explaining all of this correctly, my mind is racing and it's hard for me to spit out my thoughts the way I want them to, and to remember what I"m trying to say and what's wrong with me. I guess overall I'm trying to say I feel drawn from the world and the rest of the normal people, I don't consider myself to be normal, normal people don't think the way I do, act the way I do. I'm socially withdrawn and awkward and anxious. Even the littlest things will piss my off sometimes. I get depressed and miserable sometimes and I don't even know why. My mood changes throughout the day sometimes from high to low. I just want to be normal, I feel like I'm going crazy. Can anybody help me maybe, or have any suggestions? I'll answer any questions you have. Please, would be appreciated.

(I also get headaches a lot, it's more of a constant pressure in my head and not often but sometimes sharp pains in 2 certain spots in my head. The pressure lasts basically all day everyday. Not serious enough to go to a doctor but it's annoying and I'm constantly tired. I don't know if this is related, just thought I would add it)

Thanks for reading

pepecat

pepecat

SAD is also thought to be caused by shorter daylight hours and lack of sunlight through the winter.
I HATE winter, but on a sunny day (even in winter) I feel way happier. Some people are affected by daylight quite a lot. You can get SAD lamps that replicate the light levels on a sunny day. I have one and I found it helpful. You do need to use it every day for a couple of weeks to kinda build up the effect though - so trying it for one or two days and saying it doesn't work isn't really long enough.

If I could, I'd follow the summer around the world so I could have long sunny days all the time. That would suit me nicely. :D

S

SSLim

Although, SAD lights are the recommendedfirst line of treatment, i would advise that you talk to your doctor or a healthcare professional to ascertain that it is SAD and not something else...