Help it hurts

B

brightergenie

Help my life is falling apart just had phone call off the job centre they aren't going to help me neither can I claim any benefits. Cahms hav refused to support us with my son. Still grieving for my nan. It hurts so much

Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Sorry to hear things are going badly and that your nan passed away.I don't know why if you are ill or even out of work they won't let you claim benefits.If you need help with your son why are they refusing?Have you considered contacting Disability rights UK to see if they can advise on your son and benefits what to do to get the help?I wish you all the best and am here to listen and help if I can.Nikitax

RainbowHeartz

RainbowHeartz

hiya

have you tried claiming:

housing benefit
ESA
PIP

im not sure if you are entitled but just ideas x

im so sorry you are struggling so much right now

B

brightergenie

I was a duty manager in a supermarket had a nervous breakdown went back after a year but couldn't cope as my new boss was a complete ass as he has never had a day off in his life. I've applied for esa but they have said I haven't paid enough NI to cover it. I asked if they would pay for a college course and they told me no and take a loan out. Who would give me loan when I couldn't pay it back till I was working again. Camhs won't help my son as he's just under their criteria. My mental health team are useless. I've been to see my doctor as my asthma is playing up and she cleaned and dressed my wounds and has put it in my notes that I SH which I asked her not to but apparently she has to. I asking for help and no one can help me

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stray

Hi, I'm sorry you've got so much to deal with. Just re ESA, if you haven't paid enough NI to claim contribution based ESA, then surely you should be entitled to income related ESA. You can't be left with nothing. Will try have a look for a link.... x

Last edited:
Nikita

Nikita

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I am not understanding why they are not giving you ESA, have the rules changed.I am getting income based ESA precisely because I didn't have enough NI contributions way back when I worked. Shouldn't you be able to get income based ESA instead of contribution based.Maybe go to Citizen's Advice Bureau and check that out.
I don't know if student loans are available for college but you can check this out if they give them to adults,ask your local college.CMHT won't take new people on unless they are in crisis they deny that but it is true, I got discharged cos they reckon I can go it alone now, but it isn't the whole story, I almost had a psychosis a year ago after being discharged back then after three years support.It took them 9 months to take me back on, yes at first they supported me by phone but I wasn't seen by a CPN for 9 months, then I was offered Crisis management, one visit a month for three months.So you see if I hadn't been able to get myself out of crisis last October I'd have gone under and I don't think they would have helped.they have no money and not a lot of staff that isn't useless.They don't actually do anything to help IMO unless it is a half hour chat whilst having a cup o tea with you, no practical help, no emotional support, no respite care, counselling has been suggested meanwhile I make do with four weeks CBT group.
Crazy world!Nikitax

Last edited by a moderator:
B

brightergenie

I'm on a 9 month waiting list for counselling 3 more months to go. I'm goin back to the job centre tomorrow with husband. I will look into the college x

M

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe go to CAB and see what they say?

The others have given you great advice though. I don't understand why they are saying you can't claim ESA.

Don't let those f***ers get you down.

xxx

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Self Harm Forum 1
L Self Harm Forum 8
A Self Harm Forum 11
K Self Harm Forum 8
M Self Harm Forum 7