• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

help! I need someone who understands!

starflower

starflower

is there anyone who can help? I've had a drink and feel that nobody cares. everyones in there own little world and they don't give a shit about me.!

A

anastasia

gizmondo,

are you ok? i'm sorry i only just saw your post thoguh i think it was done yesterday.

people do understand. it's just hard sometimes cos everyone has their own things.

we're all here for you to talk to

starflower

starflower

Thanks Anastasia for your reply. I managed to get through it again with help of my youngest daughter, still not really good, I am waiting for the doctor to ring me to try and get something to calm me down, it was too busy at the surgery. I have to keep fighting I know, it's just so hard sometimes.:(

D

daisy girl

hiya,
It can be so hard sometimes just to pick ourselves up and carry on when all we want to do is run away and give up.I do understand.Things can get better though...it doesn't seem like it right now maybe i know.I have been there.
xxx:grouphug:

N

Nutter_09

Hi Gizmondo,

I feel the same way sometimes - as if I am in my own little bubble and everyone is just getting on with their lives around you. In a good way, its nice you have your daughter to think about but remember you also need someone who will look out and support you.

I have found that no one truly understands what I feel and think - no matter how much they say they do. It does get very frustrating. What is your family situation? I am 23 and live at home and found a GR-8 website for family and carers - www.netdoctor.com. I asked all my friends, family and bf to have a read through to give them a bit of an insight as to how I am feeling, and how to cope.
It will not make them totally understand, but may help.

Take care

starflower

starflower

Thanks, it does help to know that others understands,, it just hurts when those so close don't. My son hasn't called and I just hope that he contacts me soon. I don't want to ring him because I know that I have nothing to say sorry for, all I asked of yesterday was a little support, a hug, to let me know he cared. I got a script of the doctor to help take the edge off until I see the shrink again on wendsday, I hope he listens to me this time, and helps.:(

keepsafe

keepsafe

Good luck on Wednesday, are you seeing the psychiatrist for more medication, are you getting any talking therapy?
KS

starflower

starflower

Thanks keepsafe, have been having counselling on and off for nearly a year. During the earlier years I saw a phycologist for a couple of years. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for wednesday, I hope he listen's to me this time.
:unsure:

W

whatswrongwithme?

Hey giz, hope you're feeling better
I can really empathise with the feeling no-one cares about you, they do, it just feels like they dont sometimes doesnt it?
Anyway, chin up and dont let the buggers get you down lol:p

starflower

starflower

I am still feeling low, but today I feel that I have been given a bit of hope. Saw the psychiatrist yesterday and was given some new medication and I am being referred for a second opinion. I have to admit he seemed much better the second time, although my daughter was prepared and asked him all the questions that I needed to ask him. I know it will take a while for it to build to up to help with the depression and anxiety, but it is aslo a strong seditive so tonight for the first time in a few years I might get a good few hours sleep.
He's hoping! :)

W

whatswrongwithme?

Hi Giz, thats good news
Hope you slept well?

starflower

starflower

I slept for six hours, but felt quite doped up, it's just wearing off, but it was nice not to be up all evening. I hope the medication works aswell on my depression and anxiety, as it has done with my sleep, but I know it can take up to six weeks for the full effect. My moods really low, I want to go out and get drunk, but i've no cash. My dad goes out on Fridays, but I don't want to worry my daughter by going out. My head feels like's its going to explode !!!! I don't want to feel like this anymore.:(:scared:

A

anastasia

perhaps drinking is not the best thing if you're on new medication and not feeling great anyway?

hugs :grouphug:

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Gizmondo

Glad it was ok with the appointment, are you referred for some more therapy then?
So the sedative effect is good, but it will take a while for you to know whether the effect of the meds is going to help your mood. Try not to think ahead - I know that is all too easy to say. Keep posting here, perhaps off loading some of your tension here may help a little - Hope so.
KS:flowers:

starflower

starflower

Hi KS, yes I have been referred for some therapy (dialectial behaviour threrapy), because he says I have BPD, which from what he say causes the depression and anxiety. Took pills early last night, was feeling low and had bottle of cheap wine, which I know doesn't help, but it still doesn't stop me, does it! Do lots of us who have this problem and try to make ourselves feel better for a while with the odd bottle? I'm not the only one who does it, am I? I'm meeting my new CPN today, he's coming to see me with my support worker, who I decided to see for my weekly sessions as she really nice and was a long time friend of my last CPN, who retired recently (I had been seeing her for 16yrs). So atleast I will have a care co-ordinator again, and they will be able to sort my care plan. Feeling a little better this morning. :flowers: