• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Help I can't take it anymore

M

meknudson2

Hi, I just needed to vent to see if this would help.
I have been married for about a year and a half but in this relationship for 16 years now. We really had a great day today, but it changed as it always does within a matter of minutes with no promting that I can think of. I took our dogs on a walk and my cat was in the living room which I did not know when I got back from the walk with them. Anyway he just went straight to bed and closed our bedroom door. Which made me cry as it always does. I have been suffering from major deppresive disorder for a long time, I try to make through the day by redirecting my thoughts which seems to work most of the time. I don't know what to do. I wish that he would just be in a good mood for more than a brief amount of time. I think about dying all the time unfortunately. Well I am glad I got that off my chest.

S

*Sapphire*

Hi and :welcome:.

I do apologise for asking this, but it is probably me being a bit stupid, but what significance does your cat and dogs have to this problem, I think I lost the thread of your post somewhere.

Are you talking about your spouse when you say he went to his room, can you remember what happened before then?

Do both of you suffer with MH issues?

I'm sorry you are feeling so low and unsupported, I think if a spouse does not have MH issues it can be very difficult to understand. Have you tried having some form of couples therapy to try and work out a way you can resolve your difficulties and perhaps come to understand your personal issues more?

I hope you have a better day today.

S

starfish

dolores

i feel for you. i too suffer from a major depressive disorder for 5 years. at the start my husband didnt have a clue about my illness. gradually he realized i was ill and now he is very supportive.what care do you have in place? gp? mht? using this site will be very helpfull,so you are not alone. what about you sit your husband down and tell him straght how you feel, because you are going to need him on your side over the next weeks and months. take care.:hug: