• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Help I can't eat

The Big Dawg

The Big Dawg

Hi, I'm hoping to get some advice or any kinda help, its been 4 days now and I haven't eaten anything apart from a bowl of porridge that I had yesterday. My anxiety has got so bad that I'm having trouble eating. I've already been checked medically and went for blood tests and everything appears to be fine so the problem is physiological.

I went to see my doctor and I got put on "Fluoxetine Capsules" witch ain't helping. I can't seem to eat anything or hold my food down when I do manage to eat, its not that I don't want to eat because I know I need to eat otherwise I'm going to become really ill if I don't.

Every time I think about eating or think about food, something comes into my head and then I get bad thoughts that make me feel like being sick and thats when my anxiety kicks in even more. I've tried to ignore it but it wont go away no matter what I do. I've reached the point where I'm false feeding myself witch is proving difficult.

I can't sleep either, I've been sleeping during the day because trying to sleep at night feels like I'm in hell. I've been thinking about doing something so that maybe I can get sectioned for a couple of weeks in the hope I can get some help but I'm not sure if they still section people or not. I know I need help either way because not eating is not good.

I'm running out of ideas

*autumn*

*autumn*

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Welcome hope, I am sorry to hear you're having these issues. I hope someone will be along to give you advice, support and comfort.