• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

HELP!! i am losing MY SANITY! WAS THAT A NEW COINCIDENCE!??????????????? I CANT UNDERSTAND!

E

Erudinam

One time I was on my bed with my eyes closed. I started losing control of my thoughts but I did not fall asleep. Suddenly, I thought the phrase "βρε ουστ στο διαολο" (vre oust sto diaolo)

which can be translated as "oh go to devil (hell).

I do not remember why I thought that phrase. Almost a second later, I THINK I heard my brother saying it while playing an online game. I did not clearly heard his words but the melody of them sounded like "vre oust sto diaolo".

I cant remember what I was thinking before thinking that phrase. Anyway, I labeled it as a coincidence.This is a coincidence that I do not think about it often the last days.

Today, I started thinking this coincidnece for some minutes. While thinking about that phrase, I THINK I heard a woman from outside saying something that sounded like "diaolo" (devil,hell). I did not hear the word clearly but I heard something like "bla bla bla bla bla bla -aolo" The last syllabe sounded like "diaolo"

What if she really said that word while thinking about that coincidence? its a coincidence that I do not think often.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
If your thoughts are upsetting, i would get up and do something else to stop the cycle. I usually get up and make coffee and put the news channel on.

Try to rest and relax

A

Alice07Hatter

Hey,
I would say that its a very common word to use, devil, I mean it's in hundreds of songs, books, poems, and can be used in many different ways. Maybe you heard your brother say it as you was half asleep, thought it and then woke up startled by the thought and then he may have cursed again! That tends to happen a lot when people play video games haha. But just hearing someone say it on the street days after really isn't a worry. I'm not sure if your religious or not but either way, you really shouldn't worry :) hope you can manage the worries and feel better soon

E

Erudinam

Almost a month ago, I was worrying that a man may have vanished. I started worrying that it could have been a glitch in the simulation system (if we are in one).

I spend about 5-15 minutes trying to find ways/buildings that he may have gone to. I decided to take photos of the place in order to show the place to 2 friends and find ways/buildings that he may have gone to.

There was not any glitch in them. I was not trying to capture any evidence. They were just photos of the place. I was worrying and I took the photos in order to find an other explanation.

What if I angered Gods or the programers of the simulation? What if it counted as exposing, even though I was not trying to expose anything? I do not want to get to more details about the angering.

I have been worrying a lot about this. Some coincidences happened and I worry. what if they are bad signs? What if They/they punished me because of the photos and then decided to send me bad signs about it?

The coincidences:

- 1) I was going to enter a covid vaccination topic while thinking that I may read some phrases of excitement in the comments because I remembered reading phrases of excitement in an older topic.Indeed, someone wrote one of the phrases that I assumed that I may read in the newer topic. Automatically, this guess-coincidence (though expected) triggered a random thought (that I had many times in the past but for other reasons). That thought was about seeing in the username/signature of the one who posted that phrase, a word related to simulation and that it may be a bad sign from Gods or the programers. I checked the username/signature but there was no relation. I scrolled down a few comments and someone else had posted a link of a video game dlc that had the word "simulator" in its title. He/she posted it in order to make fun of people that are getting excited about vaccination. That game's dlc was making fun of covid stuff.

- 2) One other day, I saw in the super market a man that maybe kinda looked like the character from the video game (from the 1st coincidence) Not only that, but both were wearing circular gray hats. The video game character was wearing a typical gray, circular hat and the man in the market was wearing a gray bucket hat.

- 3) One other day, I was thinking about the man in the market a lot and the connectiong between the hats. I started thinking stuff like "why that man had to wear that hat?(bucket hat), do people wear these hats frequently?" and some other stuff related to it. Some seconds later, I saw in a non-busy street a man who looked like a cheap traveller, wearing a black circular feathered hat. I think it was the first tiime I was seeing that hat in my city. It was just weird that I saw him randomly in a non-busy street while thinking about a hat.

- 4) One other day, I was thinking a lot about that tourist and his hat. A lot, a lot. Almost all day. Generally, I was thinking about these coincidences very much every day. I was thinking about that tourist and his hat while randomly clicking into a random youtube video. About 5-15 seconds after the click and while thinking about the tourist, there was a quote that was saying "thats not a good sign". off all 18 minutes of the video, I randomly clicked to the part that about after 5-15 seconds, it has that quote?!

- 5) One time I was on my bed with my eyes closed. I started losing control of my thoughts but I did not fall asleep. Suddenly, I thought the phrase "βρε ουστ στο διαολο" (vre oust sto diaolo) which can be translated as "oh go to devil (hell) which can be translated as "oh go to devil (hell).I do not remember why I thought that phrase. Almost a second later, I THINK I heard my brother saying it while playing an online game. I did not clearly heard his words but the melody of them sounded like "vre oust sto diaolo".

- 6) Today, I started thinking this coincidnece for some minutes. While thinking about that phrase, I THINK I heard a woman from outside saying something that sounded like "diaolo" (devil,hell). I did not hear the word clearly but I heard something like "bla bla bla bla bla bla -aolo" The last syllabe sounded like "diaolo"

- 7) I was thinking about my worry and I was having random thoughts kinda like " am I one of the unluckied people that I found myself into a situation witnessing something that may or may not be a glitch and that I experience coincidences that are possible signs from Gods?" At that second, I heard from a tv, a woman of an ad saying something "bla bla bla bla bla signs" it was an ad about a cream or a shampoo or something related to these I think.

- 8) I was on youtube and suddenly started worrying about my problem. Suddenly, I got a random thought (that i often get) and it was kinda like "what if when I scroll I see something related to my worry?" and after a few scrolls there was a video that was about a graphica glitch during a weather forecast. That reminded me the reason of my worries. My worries began when I started worrying that there may have been a glitch in the simulation system.

So, do I need to worry and start believing that maybe we are in a simulation, maybe a man vanished, maybe it was a glitch, maybe I angered Gods or the programers by taking photos of the place (even though there was not any glitch in them), maybe They/they punished me for the photos and maybe are sending me bad signs through coincidences?

A

Alice07Hatter

I really don't think you have anything at all to worry about, even if we were in a simulation (which we are not) or if you had upset any god's (which you have not) then the entire world would be in trouble for constantly taking pictures of everything they do, as this is what everyone does now days. As for all of the other things you believe, again I don't think they even qualify for coincidences I think your thinking about something and your brain is actively looking for something else to link it to, because that's what anxiety does. Have you tried going to therapy? Have you been diagnosed with OCD or anything similar? Because if you can go to the doctor's it might really help you manage these thoughts.
Hope this helps a little. Take care