• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help how to go outside with severe anxiety?

moonperson

moonperson

Honestly at this point it has gotten too far. I can't even go out alone. Being with others OR being alone gives me anxiety and I don't even know which one is worse anymore. I want to go outside and simply play basketball without having a panic attack. About what? About maybe that I look stupid or that someone will come and attack me. Anything in between. Or no reason at all. I used to be in school and I got ready for classes 3 hours ahead of time because it took me that long to convince myself to step outside my dorm. I missed too many classes and dropped out temporarily. I'm trying to get back on my feet. I just want to do things without having panic attacks. Any advice? I try music that helps sometimes but I'm too scared to wear headphones in public because what if someone's behind me and I don't hear them?

E

EL112

[QUOTE = "moonperson, post: 2365722, member: 88050"]
Honestamente, neste ponto já foi longe demais. Não posso nem sair sozinha. Estar com outras pessoas OU estar sozinho me dá ansiedade e eu nem sei mais qual é a pior. Quero sair e simplesmente jogar basquete, sem ter um ataque de pânico. Sobre o que? Sobre talvez que eu pareça idiota ou que alguém venha e me ataque. Qualquer coisa entre. Ou nenhuma razão. Eu costumava estar na escola e me arrumava para as aulas com 3 horas de antecedência porque levei muito tempo para me convencer a sair do meu dormitório. Perdi muitas aulas e desisti temporariamente. Estou tentando me levantar. Só quero fazer coisas sem ter ataques de pânico. Algum conselho? Eu tento músicas que ajudam às vezes, mas tenho muito medo de usar fones de ouvido em público porque e se alguém estiver atrás de mim e eu não ouvir?
[/CITAR]

S

supremekai123

This was me when my anxiety got really bad. I had a job with 69 people around and believe me I ended up quitting it because of bad anxiety. I totally had a disorder everyone else was talking and normal and I'm all keyed up face is red from embarassment and people seeing how I'm keyed up with anxiety. Don't ask how bit I kept that job for 3 years somehow... Still young I guess but my body had enough and I quit I needed to. I ended up trying SSRIs which really helped me out it was a godsend. I would look into buspar or an ssri possably. Alot of brains are natural worries... Usually from a young age we most likely show signs of anxiety and it gets worse its ok you just need to try treatment. Weather it's antidepressants, therapy, and a big one is low carb diet with high fat and protein and no caffeigne. Caffeine will stimulate the nervous system activating more glutamate and excite your already overactive amydala and fear circuit of the brain. You need to try the above and possably natural suppliments like l theanine and also exercise

E

EL112

Honestly at this point it has gotten too far. I can't even go out alone. Being with others OR being alone gives me anxiety and I don't even know which one is worse anymore. I want to go outside and simply play basketball without having a panic attack. About what? About maybe that I look stupid or that someone will come and attack me. Anything in between. Or no reason at all. I used to be in school and I got ready for classes 3 hours ahead of time because it took me that long to convince myself to step outside my dorm. I missed too many classes and dropped out temporarily. I'm trying to get back on my feet. I just want to do things without having panic attacks. Any advice? I try music that helps sometimes but I'm too scared to wear headphones in public because what if someone's behind me and I don't hear them?
Hi Lunar, you're not alone, believe me, I got a Lot of problems like this that destroyed my time at the university, first of all it has to be reversed or improved, you did not go too far, my recommendation is that you have a good night's sleep (it really works) and try to get as much as you can you can go out, like going to the balcony of your house, then looking at the street from your door and so on, one step at a time. I wish you the best. Sorry for my awfull English♥

moonperson

moonperson

Hi Lunar, you're not alone, believe me, I got a Lot of problems like this that destroyed my time at the university, first of all it has to be reversed or improved, you did not go too far, my recommendation is that you have a good night's sleep (it really works) and try to get as much as you can you can go out, like going to the balcony of your house, then looking at the street from your door and so on, one step at a time. I wish you the best. Sorry for my awfull English♥
Oh thank you so much. It always feels like I need to be better immediately, but taking it one step at a time is really helpful advice. Also my sleep schedule is really bad so you're right about it making a difference! Thank you :)

moonperson

moonperson

This was me when my anxiety got really bad. I had a job with 69 people around and believe me I ended up quitting it because of bad anxiety. I totally had a disorder everyone else was talking and normal and I'm all keyed up face is red from embarassment and people seeing how I'm keyed up with anxiety. Don't ask how bit I kept that job for 3 years somehow... Still young I guess but my body had enough and I quit I needed to. I ended up trying SSRIs which really helped me out it was a godsend. I would look into buspar or an ssri possably. Alot of brains are natural worries... Usually from a young age we most likely show signs of anxiety and it gets worse its ok you just need to try treatment. Weather it's antidepressants, therapy, and a big one is low carb diet with high fat and protein and no caffeigne. Caffeine will stimulate the nervous system activating more glutamate and excite your already overactive amydala and fear circuit of the brain. You need to try the above and possably natural suppliments like l theanine and also exercise
Wow yes working was really a struggle too, I'm really glad you were able to leave and figure things out more. I have been to therapy in the past but my other disorder makes it really difficult to be in-person. I've always been wary of taking medication because everyone tells me it is risky and I don't really need it, but they don't see how my anxiety is affecting my life. It's difficult to explain that a part of why I'm failing the things I do is because of the anxiety. Sometimes I can't really make myself believe it and I just end up in a cycle of self blame. I will definitely research medication though, treatment really might help. Also yes I never have caffeine hahaha it makes me feel so intense and almost sick. Thank you a lot for your thoughts on this! :)