• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

HELP! GAD Symptoms

M

Miri79

Hello,

I’ve been dealing with anxiety for over 10 years now. In the last 3 weeks I started having a lot of pain and pressure inside my head, in the top like there’s a lot of pressure. I’m so scared because I’m afraid it could be a brain tumor, or anything that has to do with fluid in brain or skull problem. It’s there all the time day and night and it doesn’t matter if I’m sitting, laying down or walking. It really squeezes inside and I get dizzy, lightheaded, sweat hands and feet. I also feel squeezing inside my chest, burning feeling. Any one relates with any of those symptoms? Is that really anxiety or not? I also have pain on my left arm along with weakness. I’m afraid I might have a blood clot in my arm. Please help!

I

IsThereLight

Hello! I’m so sorry you are having all of these horrible symptoms/sensations. I’m going through something similar. I’m getting a lot of what you are describing and I’m afraid I’m going to have a stroke, have MS or Cancer. My chin is very tight and it’s hard for me to talk because I feel like it’s going numb. Well I looked up those symptoms and it pointed to the dreaded “C” word. I’m a mess. My anxiety and panic are back with a vengeance and that is what is ramping up my health worries. It’s constant. I’m even afraid to leave my home. It’s insane what anxiety can do and manifest physically. Know you are not alone. I’m new here but you can reach out to me anytime. I totally relate. I hope you feel better soon and get a break from it.

M

Miri79

Hello! I’m so sorry you are having all of these horrible symptoms/sensations. I’m going through something similar. I’m getting a lot of what you are describing and I’m afraid I’m going to have a stroke, have MS or Cancer. My chin is very tight and it’s hard for me to talk because I feel like it’s going numb. Well I looked up those symptoms and it pointed to the dreaded “C” word. I’m a mess. My anxiety and panic are back with a vengeance and that is what is ramping up my health worries. It’s constant. I’m even afraid to leave my home. It’s insane what anxiety can do and manifest physically. Know you are not alone. I’m new here but you can reach out to me anytime. I totally relate. I hope you feel better soon and get a break from it.
Do you feel the same sensation in your head? This is driving me crazy 😔. I have an MRI appointment this Sunday, January 9th, 2022. I had all blood work done, CT Scan on chest and on my head. I also had ECG, stress test and everything comes back normal.

I

IsThereLight

Yes I do. Yesterday I had a pain on the right side of my head and my face started feeling funny. I panicked. Then I started to calm down. I’m just SUPER sensitive to bodily sensations. I have a 3 hour MRI coming up. Brain, Cervical, and Thoracic are going to be imaged. I have had so many damn blood tests, stress tests, EKG’s, a CT scan of my head two weeks ago due to left arm weakness and headache that wouldn’t go away, and everything comes back “normal” or it’s “nothing”. This damn head stuff with weakness, a terrifying rush sensation throughout my body, the chin issue, severe fatigue, etc is making driving me insane. It’s a viscous cycle of worry. I just want piece of mind and hopefully our MRI’s will ease our worries. Our anxiety definitely makes all of this worse. We are sensitive to or bodies.

M

Miri79

Yes I do. Yesterday I had a pain on the right side of my head and my face started feeling funny. I panicked. Then I started to calm down. I’m just SUPER sensitive to bodily sensations. I have a 3 hour MRI coming up. Brain, Cervical, and Thoracic are going to be imaged. I have had so many damn blood tests, stress tests, EKG’s, a CT scan of my head two weeks ago due to left arm weakness and headache that wouldn’t go away, and everything comes back “normal” or it’s “nothing”. This damn head stuff with weakness, a terrifying rush sensation throughout my body, the chin issue, severe fatigue, etc is making driving me insane. It’s a viscous cycle of worry. I just want piece of mind and hopefully our MRI’s will ease our worries. Our anxiety definitely makes all of this worse. We are sensitive to or bodies.
I really hope. Fingers crossed!🤞 Good luck with your MRI! On top of that I’m Claustrophobic going into the MRI machine, so I’m already panicking before the day comes. 😓 I’ll keep you posted on my results. Thanks for your comforting words.

I

IsThereLight

Thank you and good luck to you as well! I have to have sedation by an anesthesiologist as I’m severely claustrophobic as well. No way could I do 3 hours when I freak out when they start pushing me in to begin with! Stay in touch. I will let you know what my results as well. Hugs to you!:hug:

S

Sanders1502

Hello,

I’ve been dealing with anxiety for over 10 years now. In the last 3 weeks I started having a lot of pain and pressure inside my head, in the top like there’s a lot of pressure. I’m so scared because I’m afraid it could be a brain tumor, or anything that has to do with fluid in brain or skull problem. It’s there all the time day and night and it doesn’t matter if I’m sitting, laying down or walking. It really squeezes inside and I get dizzy, lightheaded, sweat hands and feet. I also feel squeezing inside my chest, burning feeling. Any one relates with any of those symptoms? Is that really anxiety or not? I also have pain on my left arm along with weakness. I’m afraid I might have a blood clot in my arm. Please help!
Yes got the head pressure right now. It’s not painful but it’s very uncomfortable but I’ve had this for so many years I’m used to it. Feels like a clamp tied around my head. Also get tingling in hands and feet and burning skin. I’ve done a ton of research and I can assure you these symptoms are more likely to be anxiety related. If it was anything else then I’d probably not be here typing this right now. I can’t remember the last time I didn’t feel anxious/nervous. You are not alone. Feel free to talk more on here where others and I will be glad to respond.

M

Miri79

I have pressure that it feels like is inside my head, like in my brain sometimes all inside and sometimes on the left, right or back of my head and if feels like there’s icy hot inside my head. My neck hurts, my back on the left side also hurts. This pressure usually wakes me up in the middle of the night along with heart palpitations, dizziness, heat waves like burning skin in my whole body. I feel extremely tired. When I walk the pressure gets worse. I don’t know what else to do. I have an MRI tomorrow morning of my upper spine. I had an MRI of my head in July of 2020 and had a CT Scan on my head 3 weeks ago and everything was normal. I’m so exhausted of all the symptoms. I’m taking Fluoxetine 20mg a day which I started a little over 2 weeks ago and I take Lorazepam .05mg before bed time but still not working. What else do you feel? Does it gets worse when you walk, sit or when you’re laying down?

M

Miri79

@Sanders1502 I have pressure that it feels like is inside my head, like in my brain sometimes all inside and sometimes on the left, right or back of my head and if feels like there’s icy hot inside my head. My neck hurts, my back on the left side also hurts. This pressure usually wakes me up in the middle of the night along with heart palpitations, dizziness, heat waves like burning skin in my whole body. I feel extremely tired. When I walk the pressure gets worse. I don’t know what else to do. I have an MRI tomorrow morning of my upper spine. I had an MRI of my head in July of 2020 and had a CT Scan on my head 3 weeks ago and everything was normal. I’m so exhausted of all the symptoms. I’m taking Fluoxetine 20mg a day which I started a little over 2 weeks ago and I take Lorazepam .05mg before bed time but still not working. What else do you feel? Does it gets worse when you walk, sit or when you’re laying down?

fragrant_violet

fragrant_violet

@Miri79 Those are all anxiety symptoms plus migraine

You need to start meditation. Find on YouTube. Also check out Austin Goh on how to massage away headaches.

Do regular exercise. Just slow walking is enough.

Little bit at a time