Help for Self Harm in Leicester

C

Cora701

Hi to Everyone in Leicester, it's nice to know i'm not alone struggling with mental health issues (although thankfully i am a lot a lot better than i used to be) even though it feels like it sometimes.

I keep my issues secret even to some of my closest friends as I have been judged before and fear people making assumptions or it affecting my job prospects. I haven't self harmed in over a year but recently I have having the worst urges and I am just wondering if anyone knows of a group in Leicester that meets/talks about self harm and or offers support/counselling?

I'd also like to meet online other self harmers in Leicester, especially those leading an outwardly "normal" life and feeling like they have to hide the scars of self harm from work colleagues and/or family etc.

Also anyone else who would like to get in touch :) I have experience with mainly OCD and self harm but also anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and anxiety disorders.

Cora701

F

funiman

Hi cora, i wish my bouts were so subtle, and yes i had a bad time recently, but most of the time i keep it contained, if only people wouldn't try to play doctor or analyst as if they know what they are talking about, when they can't understand it as they have never experienced it, friends with others who are aware is such a good way to help, if i can help or you would like to chat by all means feel free to message me.