• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Help! Does anybody else get this??

S

sleeplessinuk

I have been getting this alot lately. Anxiety and panic usually strikes me when I go to bed but when I find myself drifting off to sleep I suddenly wake myself up and open my eyes really wide because I'm convinced i'm about to die...
I have a fear of death but I find myself thinking about it all the time and I even play out scenarios in my mind where I am found dead and how my family deals with it. I am not suicidal but that's probably because I am so scared of dying. I have a whole lot of other problems, but thought someone here might also get this....

T

Twylight

yep , there is something about dropping off to sleep

If I ever hear voices it's when i'm about to drop off to sleep

Sometimes I get the feeling that my heart's stopped, but i've got use to that now

I think I heard on QI , that alot of people get the feeling of falling as the're about to sleep

S

sleeplessinuk

Yeah i've had that falling sensation aswell. Everything happens to me when i'm going to sleep. That's why I find it hard to get to sleep and my thoughts become really intense when I get into bed. I have to be super tired to be able to sleep. I'm still refusing to take any meds tho.