• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

help at last! solutions found autism

C

chicago

i am autistic as are my kids. for years i was diagnosed manic depression but it was all wrong. i am not gud on a puter so soz if i am rubbish

i cant post on any other forum here. dunno why?

found a website that is brill, lots of free help and tips i found it through a friend who clicked on it today. my son has meltdowns and i tried what jelibean said and it worked. i am blown away.

thought you may like to check it out. its all free and volunteers man it all the time. for us with autism it is very difficult as there is no help and it is very lonely. these guys seem to know what they r talking about noone else does though!:)

this is it
www.jelibean.com/

B

bluetenrec

hey, chicago

i have aspergers syndrome, and at the moment i am trying to get a diagnosis of some sort to sort out all the stuff which i think is not quite aspergers. i have been diagnosed with bipolar which i dont think was right either.

well, just really wanted to say that i dont know if you do, but dont feel alone. i looked at jelibean website and it looks good, and in the future i hope to have kids too so that kind of thing may come in useful. sounds good :cool:

C

chicago

Aww thank you.:):)

i was diagnosed with bi polar too. thankfully now the diagnosis has been ammended to ADHD! i was taking LITHIUM........................cant tell you how good it feels to be off it and onto PS.

A

Amor's_Tears

Hello Chicago. I have an ASD (Aspergers) as well! :)

Statistically, people with an autistic spectrum disorder are more likely to suffer from mental illness in adult life than the general population. However, I believe that this is largely brought about by the pressures of trying to fit into an intolerant society rather than anything to do with the condition itself.

Robert :)

N

Nicolaxious

Asperger

Hey, my brother has Asperger. I have been developing skills to understanding him and his illness. It is something that can have negative effects on various ways, coming from society's expectancies. But Aspie's like my brother have good advantages like being better with himself than with others and being able to academically and intellectually succeed. One thing is that he could never be in a slightly crowded room fro more that 5 min. But universities and schools have been changing their ways to permit special cases with aspie's. (Too bad my brother already graduate in a school "with no aspie" consideration). I personally an OCD and have problems with my identity.

Some family we are!

Good Luck

Thanks for sharing!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Mariposa21 Looking for some friends to help me with my struggles. Introduce Yourself 5
F Need advice and help Introduce Yourself 4
R I need help to continue living! Introduce Yourself 6
R I think I am broken. Getting help for my anxiety and ect is causing me anxiety. Introduce Yourself 7
S Dissociative Identity Disorder Help!! Introduce Yourself 3
J Help needed! Introduce Yourself 2
M Looking for advice/help/support... Introduce Yourself 14
R i need help and to talk to someone please someone talk to me Introduce Yourself 6
J New here looking for help please Introduce Yourself 5
R Needing help Introduce Yourself 7
H Here to help where I can Introduce Yourself 2
H Help Introduce Yourself 8
1 I really hope this forum can help me and allow me to help others Introduce Yourself 6
T Trying my best to feel more secure by practising emotional intelligence but need help. Introduce Yourself 7
A Some help needed please Introduce Yourself 16
thelonelyjedi Hello, I'm new here and could really use some help. Introduce Yourself 15
S Please help me to stop talking! Introduce Yourself 12
Phillmitchell86 Thinking this would help Introduce Yourself 5
B Hi, need help Introduce Yourself 6
L Daughter of BPD Mother/Caregiver for Dad/How can I help her? Introduce Yourself 6
S help- my sister has been sectioned for acute psychosis Introduce Yourself 11
A Hi, I am Chris, I need some help Introduce Yourself 8
Durandal Trying to help a friend Introduce Yourself 13
C Looking for help and support Introduce Yourself 12
G New and need help :) Introduce Yourself 3
B I need help for my son Introduce Yourself 3
K New here, and to help forums in general Introduce Yourself 6
L Depression and identity link - can anyone help? Introduce Yourself 4
C Need help with my Father. Introduce Yourself 1
O Hello! Treatment-resistant support person seeking help and advice... Introduce Yourself 5
B Do I need professional help? Introduce Yourself 4
B Here to help. Introduce Yourself 3
J I'm in uncharted water! I Don't know how to help my son. Introduce Yourself 4
B Help please Introduce Yourself 10
S I can't seem to help my wife any longer Introduce Yourself 9
F Hello folks of MHF, I also am very confused... help? Introduce Yourself 3
N Anyone who can help me with my anxiety? Introduce Yourself 7
A Hi, I suffer with anxiety and depression and occasionally need to connect with someone to help me change my thoughts. Introduce Yourself 13
H Hoping to find some help Introduce Yourself 12
T Maybe this will help Introduce Yourself 6
F want to help Introduce Yourself 3
D Help Introduce Yourself 17
A Please help, I'm scared and can't sleep. Introduce Yourself 9
B Help Introduce Yourself 4
M Help. Introduce Yourself 5
F Hello all, i need help Introduce Yourself 4
C New here. Think I need help. Introduce Yourself 4
D Hi Im Del and hooe to neet some nice people who can help me on here. Fingers crossed. I am from N I Introduce Yourself 11
S Help Introduce Yourself 3
I I Think I Need Help Introduce Yourself 3