• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello

L

little me

Founding Member
Hi, I'm little me, I have emotionally unstable borderline personality disorder and I'm quite happy most of the time.
I'm currently on Zispin (mirtazapine) which are actually doing me a little bit of good. Previous medication has removed the anxiety that I had everyday, and left me to deal with other things floating around my head, or made me suicidal, or violent towards others. Quite happy with these though, I'm feeling quite good at the moment.
I've been mentally unwell for as long as I can remember, well, since I was 14, and have had times where I was totally out of control, it became an issue after having my daughter. I was told I had depression, that never sat right, as I wasn't depressed. My Dad died 9 years ago, and I got worse, because he was my protector, in my mind, even though he hadn't been in reality. I was diagnosed with BPD 7 years ago. That made more sense because I wasn't generally depressed, I just had episodes..
I'm currently seeing a psychotherapist, a psychiatrist and a local mental health therapist. I am finding that the psychodynamic psychotherapy is helping me understand why I am the way I am, and is helping me understand that there isn't black or white explanations to everything, and that I have a lot of reasons to be mentally unwell, so hiding them isn't doing me any good, and that sometimes people around me say things, not knowing that my brain takes it in in a way they didn't mean.
I have a great husband, and a wonderful daughter, they are both very supportive. My daughter makes me laugh, as she says "it's that brain thing you've got, that's why you didn't get it!" or "Mum, are you starting getting a brain thing?" when I start stressing and ranting etc... she helps me to focus as I don't realise I'm having an episode, I just think that the whole world is getting at me, and everything annoys me and winds me up.. she brings me round and makes me realise that I'm going down a bad road, getting into my own head.

It's still an issue, but I'm living with my BPD, in fact, I like my BPD now, it makes me very particular and slightly detracted from situations, so I can see both sides, and judge them on their own, without bias, as nothing takes priority.
My close friends know I have BPD, they are wonderful too, and as I am mostly happy mental, and just suffer from foot in mouth disease, I say the totally wrong thing, or the right thing in a non diplomatic way, they know I won't lie, and understand about the 'blips' I have, which can last just a few minutes at best, a day at worst, and don't think any less of me.
My not so close friends just think I'm a bit screwy, and I'm happy with that.

Anyway, that's me.. I know I have problems, but I'm lots better now, because I know how to cope with my BPD better.
thanks for letting me join your forums.:)

D

Dollit

Hi Little Me and :welcome: Thanks for joining us, you sound so positive and committed to your health and I'm sure you'll be an asset here! :hug:

L

little me

Founding Member
Thankyou Dollit, I have had big ups and downs in the past, but now I'm more or less settled. I'm not 'normal' by far, and have quite severe bpd, but I feel I have come to terms with it in the past year, and even embraced it, as it's part of who I am, it will never go away, so fighting it, or trying to hide it and act 'normal' were making me worse. It's our little quirks that make us more interesting to talk to than people without mental health issues. We have comedy wiring in our brains, that makes us special..

I hope I can be of help on here, as it's through talking about the problems, we find solutions.
Little me(y)

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Hi Little Me and :welcome:.

I am on mirtazapine currently too and have also found psychodynamic therapy to be most helpful, so we have a couple of things in common :D.

Nick.

L

little me

Founding Member
Fantastic Nick. I'm so glad that it's helped you too..
As for the mirtazapine.... they are odd though, arn't they? I mean, I didn't notice any change at all, I was just alright... not out of it like I had beenon other drugs, or didn't feel like it affected my moods either, I just felt alright. I think that's as close to normal we might get, so I'm happy with them. Plus, and this is just for my amusment, I like the way they fizz as they dissolve, that alone makes me smile.

all the best
little me:clap:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hi, I'm little me, I have emotionally unstable borderline personality disorder and I'm quite happy most of the time.
I'm currently on Zispin (mirtazapine) which are actually doing me a little bit of good. Previous medication has removed the anxiety that I had everyday, and left me to deal with other things floating around my head, or made me suicidal, or violent towards others. Quite happy with these though, I'm feeling quite good at the moment.
I've been mentally unwell for as long as I can remember, well, since I was 14, and have had times where I was totally out of control, it became an issue after having my daughter. I was told I had depression, that never sat right, as I wasn't depressed. My Dad died 9 years ago, and I got worse, because he was my protector, in my mind, even though he hadn't been in reality. I was diagnosed with BPD 7 years ago. That made more sense because I wasn't generally depressed, I just had episodes..
I'm currently seeing a psychotherapist, a psychiatrist and a local mental health therapist. I am finding that the psychodynamic psychotherapy is helping me understand why I am the way I am, and is helping me understand that there isn't black or white explanations to everything, and that I have a lot of reasons to be mentally unwell, so hiding them isn't doing me any good, and that sometimes people around me say things, not knowing that my brain takes it in in a way they didn't mean.
I have a great husband, and a wonderful daughter, they are both very supportive. My daughter makes me laugh, as she says "it's that brain thing you've got, that's why you didn't get it!" or "Mum, are you starting getting a brain thing?" when I start stressing and ranting etc... she helps me to focus as I don't realise I'm having an episode, I just think that the whole world is getting at me, and everything annoys me and winds me up.. she brings me round and makes me realise that I'm going down a bad road, getting into my own head.

It's still an issue, but I'm living with my BPD, in fact, I like my BPD now, it makes me very particular and slightly detracted from situations, so I can see both sides, and judge them on their own, without bias, as nothing takes priority.
My close friends know I have BPD, they are wonderful too, and as I am mostly happy mental, and just suffer from foot in mouth disease, I say the totally wrong thing, or the right thing in a non diplomatic way, they know I won't lie, and understand about the 'blips' I have, which can last just a few minutes at best, a day at worst, and don't think any less of me.
My not so close friends just think I'm a bit screwy, and I'm happy with that.

Anyway, that's me.. I know I have problems, but I'm lots better now, because I know how to cope with my BPD better.
thanks for letting me join your forums.:)
Hello and :welcome:

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Plus, and this is just for my amusment, I like the way they fizz as they dissolve, that alone makes me smile.

all the best
little me:clap:

well I don't take them in soluble form - I didn't even know they came like that, but I have never been keen on soluble medicines - although I can see the fizz is good :).

Nick.

L

little me

Founding Member
well I don't take them in soluble form - I didn't even know they came like that, but I have never been keen on soluble medicines - although I can see the fizz is good :).

Nick.
I don't like pills. I gag and end up puking. the soluble ones are tiny and taste of oranges, apparently, they taste like those fizzy orange vit c things that you're supposed to put in water, can't remember what they are called, my aunty used to have then in her cupboard when I was a kid, and I'd eat them without anyone knowing, dead sneaky like, but it was funny, so I guess it reminds me of that. :D

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Hello, you sound really positive about stuff, thats great.:welcome::clap:

L

little me

Founding Member
haha Blackdog, that's a cocktail of mental illness/ drugs for mental illness/ the attention span of a sheep/ easily exiteable (see mental illness)/ not wanting to let it all get me down!

Mostly the sheep thing... (y)

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
Tell me more about the sheep thing, if you can remember.:)

whisper

whisper

Founding Member
hiya little me :)

you seem really positive and upbeat (y)

:welcome:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoodFlicker Introduce Yourself 6
H Introduce Yourself 13
H Introduce Yourself 7
H Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 16