• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello!

B

Baz

Evening,

My name is Baz, well it isn't but that's what i'm normally called by all non family members.

I'm 25 and have a recent history of anxiety and panic disorders, which touch wood, have been good for a few months now.

However, recently I have been finding myself getting more paranoid, frustrated and angry at things that never used to bother me and it's putting a massive strain on my relationship, so it's time to get talking to other people and 'strangers' that's always seemed to help in the past to get myself back on track.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi Baz and welcome to the forum. Good to have you here.

NeoDelta

NeoDelta

Hi Baz

Welcome to MHF, ive been here about 2 weeks now and have had wonderful support from the people here, hope you do too.

B

Baz

Not as yet, will try sort my head out in my own way, then if needed i'll go and get professional help.

To beat the anxiety/panic I just had a counsellor for six one hour sessions and I beat it, so I know talking about my problems helps so hopefully it'll help with this mini crisis.

getting better

getting better

That's good if you can deal with your situation without medication. Talking does help..a problem shared and all that. So, has this just appeared out of nowhere? Is there any rhyme or reason for it? Do you talk things through with your partner or do you try and bottle it up?

B

Baz

All started around Christmas time, started getting a bit paranoid about things, the other half was away visiting family so had little contact with her, nobody else was around, and I can't really talk to my parents about things, as my dad works various shifts and my mum has depression herself, and at times things are all about her, and some of my mates don't really understand and are too wrapped up in their own things.

I do talk to my partner about things, but sometimes I end up pushing her too far with the way i'm being lately and it just results in things getting worse, so it's a bit catch 22 with that one.

However there is times where I do bottle things up as it seems easier just to keep quiet about it, than open my gob and risk causing more tension. It's why i'm hoping by being here I can vent my frustrations etc without causing too much grief.

getting better

getting better

I know how you feel. Paranoia is a nasty thing. I'm paranoid about being paranoid..am I just being paranoid or do I have reason to be paranoid... I could go on lol.

You vent away!

B

Baz

I will do when I need to, at the moment i'm having a pretty calm day of it, long may it continue.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Introduce Yourself 15
TylersOutlet24 Introduce Yourself 7
L Introduce Yourself 8
M Introduce Yourself 6
A Introduce Yourself 8