• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

C

coraline1664

Hi, I'm Liz. I'm 20 and have suffered from social phobia/agoraphobia and severe depression since the age of 15. I had been an in-patient for quite some time in 2006-2007. I am registered disabled due to my health problems- I am unemployed. Not receiving much support currently although I am in touch with the local mental health services, I am on a waiting list for CBT. I enjoy horror films- especially with Vincent Price or Peter Cushing! I also sew, read, write and used to enjoy conservation work. I would like to be able to do that again someday.

Hi to everyone- I'm looking forward to connecting with others here. I already feel a lot less isolated by just reading some the posts other people have written!

Last edited:
Spaceman

Spaceman

:welcome: Coraline1664

I hope you find some support here, I know I have

Take Care

Spaceman:cool:

sallyG

sallyG

Hi Hun..welcome to the forum..hope you find it uselful here for you..we are a friendly bunch..and theres normally someone around.x

G

gud2gab

HELLO

:welcome: HOPE THE FORUM LETS YOU KNOW YOUR NOT ALONE.

honeyquince

honeyquince

Founding Member
Hi there, great to have you here. I'm sure you'll find us a friendly bunch so jump in and have some fun.

Take care,
Honey.

oneday

oneday

Hi Liz

I'm new here this month too.

I'm just picking up on your interest in conservation work. I've recently found myself out of work and too much time on my hands and pretty depressed, so looked into doing conservation-type work in my borough in London.

The BTCV (British Trust for Conservation Volunteers) have a scheme called 'Green Gyms' in London boroughs - in partnership with the NHS - and I'm planning to go along (see: www.btcv.org). Wonder if they have anything like that where you live? Maybe you're not feeling up to it just now, but for me (I also have a lot of anxieties socially) I'm better being with people if I have some task to do together rather than having to start communicating directly with someone or or (shudder) a group of people, where i feel 'on the spot'. I also love nature, it often uplifts me to be out amongst trees and grass and wildlife etc, and it would be keeping me fit too, and doing something useful for the community.

What conservation work did you do and with what group/organisation?

I'll let you know how I get along. I'm also waiting to hear from my GP about referral to talking therapy - I think CBT.

Anyway, good luck and take care.

Q

quality factor

Hi and :welcome: to the forum,
hope you find it a good place to be.

Often 'doing', whatever it be can be very helpful to
improving one's state of mind.
I hope you can recapture some of your activity
in time and at you're own pace.

QF.

C

coraline1664

Hi Oneday

I used to go volunteer with Greenways Countryside Project in Suffolk. While I was volunteering it was practical management of different sites in the county- Belstead Brook Park & Spring Wood were the places I spent days in.

Liz

C

coraline1664

Thanks QF

Keeping active (mind and body) has been my main aim for a while, i have to go out to the shops to be able to eat and to be able to have electricity (ancient pre-payment meter.) I always leave these things until the last minute and often have panic attacks whilst out and my paranoia gets a lot worse. I do have hobbies I enjoy at home, but that all depends on my mood, i often can't concentrate and everything seems 'pointless'. I can comfortably sew and read more than I could a year or two ago though which I am greatful of.
I definitely agree though that when I am immersed in something I will feel much more relaxed. Distraction is useful, I just wish I found it easier to put into practise! Activities inside the house are much much easier than those outside.

Liz

C

coraline1664

Twylight

Ah, what are some of your favourites??
I like House Of Wax (1953 I think), it was shown in 3D at the cinemas of the time, the DVD version isn't 3D but you can see the bits that were especially made for that aspect, very silly!! Also The Last Man On Earth, The Fly...
And of course also some of the earlier classics, Tod Browning's Freaks and Dracula.

I've been lent "The Beast Must Die" which I don't think is meant to be fantastic but I saw that there is a 'werewolf break' in the film where you have to guess who is about to become one, which made me laugh. :)

C

coraline1664

Thank you for all the other friendly comments! I only just realised a little while ago how many I had which is why I hadn't replied to them all at the time.

Liz

G

Greysunday

Welcome. The more you give the more you'll receive from this site. Never feel alone

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Introduce Yourself 5
H Introduce Yourself 5
L Introduce Yourself 9
gyutube Introduce Yourself 7
K Introduce Yourself 12