• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello

falling_Free

falling_Free

Alright , new member here. I am 23 years old male from UK , dx schizoaffective when I was about 19 years old. I'd like to talk to people on here who have had similiar experiences and just contribute if possible. I struggle mostly with depressed mood, intrustive thoughts , and delusions of grandiosity and on the flip side absoloute worthlessness. I live in my head a lot and find it hard to connect with a lot of people.

Lolli_Liability

Lolli_Liability

Hellow ,
im afraid i cannot realy give any infomation on that side , since i do not have the same problem . Although i know what its like to have deep moods of depression and feeling of worthles ness etc.
Im sure someone on here will be able to offer more that what i can
but feel to pm if u need to talk i wil try my very best to help uu .x
:welcome:

falling_Free

falling_Free

thanks for the welcome , yeh depressed mood seems to be one of my main issues these days (though I certainly still have a lot of the distorted reality experience of psychosis now and again which can come out of the blue and is very unsettling).

I've got much better since my initial breakdown but sometimes I find it hard to see much of a future.

Lolli_Liability

Lolli_Liability

Yeahh i have the same problem , i have times when i cant see anytng going right in the day never mind my future .
i struggle from depression severley atm and im finding it hard.
How are you managing to cope atm ??
have you found anythink that helps ?
xxxLauren
:)

falling_Free

falling_Free

I just try and take every day as it comes, I do a lot of drawing and painting to express my self and my sometimes altered perception. Keeps me sane because it is a physcial activity that helps root me in reality.

I have also had cognitive behavioural therapy in the past and try to apply those methods to my thought processes so as to keep my thoughts and moods relativly stable.

I plan on doing more excericse at some point but I haven't really been able to commit myself to regular exercise routine yet. Going to the gym never really worked for me but going for a bike ride or walk can be theraputic I find.

Lolli_Liability

Lolli_Liability

Yeahh that sounds good .x
Tbh ii must agree i like going for long walks or a swim if i can get myself out
because gives me time to think and get my head clear
Painting an drawing can be very good i enjoy it myselff
Juss keep it up and try ur best too keep ur mind clear
an no im not saying its easy
if u need a chat contact me :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O Introduce Yourself 4
MoodFlicker Introduce Yourself 13