• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Hello...

hubble

hubble

This is sort of my last resort, because I am just… well lost.

I have been described as an articulate man, who is popular, but when it comes to matters close to home, I’ve got no one to turn to… I mean I’ve got lovely friends, but I wouldn’t tell them my problems… its just not right for me to, I mean I know how hard some of them have it and my problems need not weigh them down if you know what I mean.

I have been abandoned by my family when I came out gay, which wasn’t really that much of a shocker, but there you go, so basically have no way to turn.

In Oct. last year my partner, before breaking up with me, dragged me to a&e, I was arguing with myself and on more than one occasion wanted, well was willing too, throw myself off the side of a rail line – I’d just had enough. The A&E nurse referred on to a community team and let me go… The community team were the second part of my downfall, my CPN went on holiday for a “few weeks” telling me to contact her manager if any problems came up – of course when she said a few weeks she didn’t specify 7 and of course I had problems, but her manager wouldn’t reply to them… that would just be insane! In Feb this year I just thought, enough IS enough and walked away and never really looked back.

In the past few months everything has been kicking off and I’m going in and out of psychoses as quick as anything – to tell the god honest I’m scared. So I went back to my GP, who said she couldn’t really do anything but write out for advice… which she did a week ago.

I am now going around in big circles and it got to the point where me and my ex were back at this train station we had been previously, and I was being told to die, I was useless and just a piece of dirt… what would be the point to carry on? Again my ex had to ‘save me’ from myself, without taking me to A&E.

My problem is, even if I was ‘normal’ I would have jumped – it would have solved this problem and actually brought an end to whatever is happening… I mean I know I’ve always said I don’t want to be a statistic, but is this really the only way of dealing with mental health problems?

M

mad as a hatter

Ur mh team sound like a disgrace they have totally let u down but u have 2 go bk 2 ur gp can,t beleive they can,t do ne thing 2 help u what about the crisis team surely they can help u in some way go bk 2 a/e and demand u spk 2 the on call pdoc please keep ur self safe

S

Soren

i can't understand why you're not getting help hubble. start banging on doors and making a noise until they pay attention! they can't treat you like that.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Hi Hubble, is there a different doc in your GP practice u could go to? You really need some medical help and if your doc can't help, either change to one that can or get yourself back to a & e, preferably at a time when you're not totally in crisis.

Now you're on here, you're not alone any more, it's a very friendly place. I'm so sorry you had such a bad experience coming out, my beautiful eldest son is gay (he's 21, came out at 15 or 16) and I love him to pieces, wouldn't change him. If nothing else, he's my best shopping companion! :)

Sending you a :hug: keep talking, we're here.

hubble

hubble

Sorry about not being on since leaving this post, its just been hectic down this end.

Thank you so much for the lovely messages. In my practice there are two GP’s, one of which refuses to even discuss mental health and advises just to go directly to a&e and the other that will try, but that means writing out, as she has done. The main problem I have with changing GP is I went to do it when I was ‘okay’ but I missed the registration date because I was ‘on one’ as my ex said.

This has effected me a little too much, I mean I cant do what I’ve always wanted – they say I cant work as a primary school teacher but I’ve never let it get me down.

I am too 21 and my friends say I’m the best thing that happened since prada, I have the best fashion sense out of the lot of them and know what not to buy… lol

My old GP, in another area, was the best for me… but when I moved I was forced to change, but with this new thing coming in that we can choose are own practice anywhere in England… When that comes into force I will be moving back to my old practice.

Thanks again.

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I reckon you probably need some help before that comes into force though, have another go at changing GPs if you can.

Anyway, who says you can't be a primary school teacher and why? I'm a teacher (secondary) and no-one has ever suggested I'm not suitable.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Introduce Yourself 4
F Introduce Yourself 5
Pelyna Introduce Yourself 5
D Introduce Yourself 5
P Introduce Yourself 9