• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

hello :)

L

loaaol

hi :) I'm not very good at explaining myself, so i apoligise in advance :p
It's just everythings changing and i need some stability and support which i'm sort of wanting of you guys. Selfish i know.
Where to start with me, errm, iv'e had depression for about 2 years, due to something that happend when i was little. My doctor refered me to councilling, and i know i should go. I just don't like new things, and am very scared :(. I also think i have a bit of an ocd, and really want to stop it, as it's embarrasing when people see stuff, which i do :p
So anyone who can help me or advise me of whats the best step to getting better i'd be soo gratefull :) thanks x

CelticTwilight

CelticTwilight

Decisions, decisions

:welcome: loaaol,

I am prone to procrastination myself so not the best person to offer you advice on what to do. Perhaps coming to a firm decision about whether to go for counselling is the first step, after all if you go ahead with it you could always change your mind if it is not right for you at this particular point in your life. I have had counseling which worked for me and counseling which did not. There has to be a workable relationship going on IMO, otherwise it can be a bit like talking at cross purposes and creating problems which you hadn't even considered and coming out with your head whizzing round. Overall, with time, counseling enabled me to move on from certain issues but I also learned a bit more about myself and the people around me.

This part from your childhood is obviously on your mind so is it a case of dredging it up and delving deep will only ignite emotions that you have already explored or perhaps the quite understandable fear of doing so? Please don't feel the need to answer this question I'm merely offering it as a suggestion, I expect you may very likely have asked yourself already but a wise man taught me never to be afraid of asking the obvious for fear of making a fool of myself. Hey I've done that a few times anyway but not so foolish as those who never question.

Well I shall leave it there as advice isn't my strong point, it just gives you one or two angles to consider and hopefully make that decision a little easier for you.

Whatever you are going through, I hope the load lessens very soon.

Kind regards,
CT

L

loaaol

:)

I've been before but i would only go to one session and then just not go back. But i think thats more because i'm scared then it isn't right for me, never really given it a chance. But i guess i'll just have to push myself more. As i have always been a firm believer in 'talking helps'. Well in most cases, but in this case i think the bad points to talking out weigh the plus maybe.

I think it's more like if i tell some one it all becomes real and not just a thought or memory in my head. It's a hard thing to think about, which i do everyday, so telling someone and talking about it would be much harder.

But thanks celtictwilight :)