• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

hello

V

vdub180

Hi my name is dan and i suffer with ibs but i beleve that it is caused by been nevus, as much as i need a holiday my scared to go away because im scared i might need the toilet as you can emagine this kinda stops my doing a lot :mad:

D

Dollit

You say you believe your IBS to be caused by "nerves". Can you tell me more about that? It's an interesting idea.

invise

invise

I kind of understand what you mean, but to a much lesser degree. Whenever I perform on stage (very often, but nothin changes!) I always need looooaaads before hand. I keep on goin and goin, and get paranoid that I still need. The same happens before big events, like exams and what not. Could well be the case that there is a link.
Whenever I do get on stage though, or sit an exam, it stops pretty much instantly. Ive gotten to know this over time. The pre-event nerves are absolutely nothing to go by. Yes they can be bad, but as soon as you do something they disappear, its all good.
Hopefully it'll be exactly the same for you. Try to not let it stop you doing things.

C

chuchunezbee

Hello there! I feel a tad cheeky as I have not long joined :p But welcome all the same!
As for your illness that must be really difficult, Im sorry you're having such troubles!
It would appear that Stress and anxiety can trigger symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome! Nope I didnt just pull that out of a hat :p I did some research, I literally had no idea it could trigger IBS.
It would seem you could be stuck in a loop unless you can get your anxiety under control. Have you contacted your doctor about your anxiety at all? If not that could be a good starter to help you get traveling :)

E

Emzy

hello and welcome to the site xx :welcome:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Introduce Yourself 5
Pelyna Introduce Yourself 5
D Introduce Yourself 5
P Introduce Yourself 9
G Introduce Yourself 15